VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Change In E-Benefits Status -Very Confusing I Need Help

Rate this question

lugnut

Question

Two days ago I looked at my ebenefits claim status and it stated "your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing". Tonight, I looked again and there are two entries: Date/type of claim 04/08/2010(1) "claim received" administrative review.

(2)04/08/2010 Date closed updates

compensation 2/13/2012 APPEAL IS POSSIBLE

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Can anyone tell me what this might mean?? What would admin review be? Why would they send out a decision and then review that same decision? Seems like that is putting the cart before the horse--but then again, we're talking about the Gov't----. Sounds like I've got more work ahead of me tho. Thanks for the help her fellow vets.

Lugnut AKA Buddy

• Answers 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

It's hard to tell. Without knowing what you claimed, or how many claims you submitted at once, etc. they may have decided on a portion of your claim only.

On my e-benefit the part that said ( APPEAL IS POSSIBLE) that they gave you 10% or whatever amount, but not 100% of that certain compensation. You can file appeal if you think it not fair.

I got 60% PN left leg, 40% right leg, 10% left& right hands. Icould appeal. I won't! maybe got 1 year to make decision!

Edited by SP4RVN1971

Thank for responding guys. I feel a bit better about that!! My claim was for like six different issues so it could very well be that some were granted and some were not, or a low %. I should get a letter in a week or so, but then again its been open since April 2010!! Just like the Army, hurry up and wait!!

Just don't give up!!

I check my E-Benefits status and It was not up to date. I had a C&P exam on Jan 9,2012 and It have not show up on the E-Benefits Program. Who do you talk to about this problem? Wish you all luck on your claims.

Edited by Maurice

There is no one to talk too about updating information on EBenefits. Sometimes they are pretty quick in updating the site....other times they take forever, or not at all.

At best, the website gives you partial information, but don't take it too literal.

Travis

Two days ago I looked at my ebenefits claim status and it stated "your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing". Tonight, I looked again and there are two entries: Date/type of claim 04/08/2010(1) "claim received" administrative review.

(2)04/08/2010 Date closed updates

compensation 2/13/2012 APPEAL IS POSSIBLE

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent

Can anyone tell me what this might mean?? What would admin review be? Why would they send out a decision and then review that same decision? Seems like that is putting the cart before the horse--but then again, we're talking about the Gov't----. Sounds like I've got more work ahead of me tho. Thanks for the help her fellow vets.

Lugnut AKA Buddy

It appears that your claim was decided on the 13th, and they have mailed that decision to you. As with all decisions, you are allowed to appeal it...for example; I put in a request for my C-File. They handled it as a request for a claim, and when they mailed me the copy, they closed the claim and on Ebenefits, they said that "appeal is possible".

I would expect you to get a letter in a few days. Also, if you have a VSO, you can contact them, and they should be able to tell you their decision "informally" before you get the official letter.

Travis