VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fully Developed Claims & Disability Benefits Questionnaire Info

Hello Veldrina Please keep us inform your help and info is very,very helpful we need someone on the inside looking out for vets. I know I appreciate it very much, my question is do you work directly with the judges or a local VA.

Hello Veldrina Please keep us inform your help and info is very,very helpful we need someone on the inside looking out for vets. I know I appreciate it very much, my question is do you work directly with the judges or a local VA.

Veldrina just pops in once in a while right now.

For privacy /security /anonymity reasons, she might not answer this question.

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all, sorry for the long absence, been working 2.5 jobs.

Anyway, we just had a team meeting & I heard something that is going to make life interesting re claims. The VA judges have ruled that in addition to the change of all claims being put on the Form 526 EZ (whether it's FDC or not), that if a veteran does not SPELL OUT that claimed conditions are due to service, they can be denied. In other words, say you claim a back condition. Your service records indicate you had some treatment for you back, & you were in service about 10 yrs or more ago. You put down "back problems" on the form, nothing else. You do not submit medical evidence, or u might have some VA Med. Ctr treatment but neither the doc nor u ever said it was due to service. If there is nowhere in those records or ON THE CLAIMS FORM that you have had back problems SINCE SERVICE, we do not order an exam for u & it can be denied.

If you are filing a new claim, PLEASE write in there somewhere that your condition is since service...those 2 little magic words may mean the difference between getting service connected or not!

You need to continue here on Hadit because you info is magical appreciate it very much keep up the good work.

Good to "see" u too Berta! :)

While yes, it makes sense that they shouldn't order an exam if one doesn't say it's due to service, in the past it's been assumed. Now you actually have to spell it out....I see a lot bad juju coming the VA's way for this just for 2 little words, so PLEASE everyone just write them in.

There should be space right in the area where you list what you're claiming on the EZ form to just add it (i.e. "back condition SINCE SERVICE, residuals of sprained ankle IN SERVICE, hypertension due to high blood pressure readings FROM SERVICE, GERD - continuation of vomiting and abdominal pains FROM SERVICE, etc.)

are you taking request in the future, filling out this form.

Veldrina just pops in once in a while right now.

For privacy /security /anonymity reasons, she might not answer this question.

Understood

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys! BTW if u ever need me immediately for something, Carlie knows how to get in touch with me. Re judges, no. I work in NY for the benefits office (not hospital) as a rater (u know, the guys who look at eerything when it's fully developed, go over medical stuff & determine what's service connected & what isn't & give u an evaluation). ;) I am in no means an expert on anything, & HadIt itself actually has a lot more info about the job than i do, so definitely use the resources on here, it's more or less the same charts, scales, etc we use...sometimes better!