VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Still Waiting

Rate this question

CaravanDan

Question

• Answers 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

You don't need to wait for SC to receive treatment for PTSD. Request it now!!!

pr

My secondary Claim is for PTSD and other conditions went in in spring 2006,,Buffalo asked years ago for more paper-work ect,,they said they were doing a decision off my Reports WITH-OUT an Exam,,last we heard the file left syracuse VA Hospital last year and went back to buffalo,,,I am left wondering if the claim or Claims as a whole come back rejected how long it will take a an Appeal since its 6 years and running for the claim it-self,,,keep in mind now I'm an other than Honorable discharged Vet with a Service Connected Condition that has me Totally disabled,,Like I have stated in past postings it been a on-going process to try to be compensation,,Things are in the works,,In the mean time they(Buffalo VA) is dragging thier feet with me and my claims,,Thinking about asking local VA clinic if I can get treated while my claim is in the Works for PTSD???? aren't they suppose to??

• HadIt.com Elder

CaravanDan - sorry I missed this post when you posted it. The thing to remember is that anything the VA "tells" you could be a lie or just an error. It's easier just to make up something then to look it up, so I suggest, altho it's harder on you, that all claims or questions be written and that they make their answers "written." The saying goes "if it can't be read, it wasn't said!" You should get clothing allowance if it's for a SC condition. Same goes for the wheel chair ramp.

As for the copays, on meds, for SC conditions - if you paid any, you should file a written claim for a refund. You might have problems if you have insurance coverage, tho. They can recover costs but, I believe, aren't supposed to recover for SC conditions.

pr

Okay Mr Rogers,,I will call Tomorrow and see what happens if I will get treatment of not,,last time I called a couple years ago I was Told NO treatment because of my type of Discharge,,,I said I was already service connected with a condition that has me totally disabled and was seen and granted wheelchair,,electric hospital bed and I had claims in for mental and other seconday conditions..Just as a side note I find it amazing how they(VA) nitpicks what i can get and not get,,they say yes I can have my legs braces made their but no clothing allowance,,yes I can have a cheap manual hook-up ramp to a van for my Chair but not a good electric one,,plus a slew of Co-pays they tell me I have to pay for my sevice connected conditions,,I'm sure they will ask too IF I do get treatment for my PTSD,,,

• HadIt.com Elder

Glad to hear it. Be sure to file a claim for PTSD, if you haven't already.

pr

Update--Thank you Mr,Rogers,,,,,,,I went to my First PTSD counseling at the VA and she set me up for several more appointments after we spoke...She seemed so open and said the VA is Changing for the better,,, I really don't know what to say other than I'll see how it goes,,session by session..

• HadIt.com Elder

Dan - I, now, see your claim has been in 6yrs. Can I find out what the OTH is for?? You may want the VA to do a "character of discharge determination," if they haven't already. Just because you have an OTH doesn't mean you can't/won't get benefits.

pr

My secondary Claim is for PTSD and other conditions went in in spring 2006,,Buffalo asked years ago for more paper-work ect,,they said they were doing a decision off my Reports WITH-OUT an Exam,,last we heard the file left syracuse VA Hospital last year and went back to buffalo,,,I am left wondering if the claim or Claims as a whole come back rejected how long it will take a an Appeal since its 6 years and running for the claim it-self,,,keep in mind now I'm an other than Honorable discharged Vet with a Service Connected Condition that has me Totally disabled,,Like I have stated in past postings it been a on-going process to try to be compensation,,Things are in the works,,In the mean time they(Buffalo VA) is dragging thier feet with me and my claims,,Thinking about asking local VA clinic if I can get treated while my claim is in the Works for PTSD???? aren't they suppose to??