• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    showeroflove

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • A similar thing happened to me and they shot it down very quickly- In my NOD -.... I made a specific bullet point paper listing the dates of the connections to dx./ treatment dates and any doctor information-  - "bolded and underlined for clarity" - Good Luck 
    • I emailed Keli too-  Since the DRO recently called with my new decision and stated"I have never seen an MST case as violent and ongoing as yours, I just had to call and tell you". Seriously - after 2 NOD's you call or .... finally read my claim!!    My complaint :  this statement was made to me, it was the same evidence the DRO looked at that was submitted in the low ball rating back in 2010!   I had an NIS reports,with crime scene photos and schematics of room- Sheriff Reports, 15 witness statements, the offender's confession of the attempted murder and rape, his court martial & discharge then me as a Prosecutorial witness at the same offenders murder trial of his next victim 3 mos after my assault........The only things I added was an IMO and the blocking of the parole hearings, now in the present day. ($5,000- out of pocket expenses) so a delayed decision was in error. I am up to 90% on my own, but I am tired -  I have an attorney that is processing for backdating pay due to the above, and it is going very well with all the evidence. What if I had not been so persistent? The VA loves that! I have my retirement benefits,- due to serving 22 years -  but that was never the point for me getting 100%DV  - Just 100% of what a true evaluation is for my circumstances!  
    • Greetings all, This is my first post after looking for similar situations. My C&P exam for spine issues was in June and it seemed favorable until an addendum was made this month which turned everything around. They denied my claim for aggravated spine issues and had inaccurate information stating my condition didn't progress until after service. Is the best way to go about this by filing an appeal or by making a new claim for low back pain? 
    • Yes, she specifically referenced the 2002 Navy Medical Center Sleep Study and went on to say that  " it showed OSA in the mild degree. Therefore, a continuing worsening symptoms of his sleep apnea that was already noted since 2002. This is in support of claim of his medical condition that has exacerbated thru time". Yes, It could have been worded differently and even better, yet I think it's as good as the canned statement that it's more likely than not a result of SC blah blah blah. It shows that it was DX'd on active duty and has worsened. But, you have seen more of these than I.
    • You Dr's SISOC, statement, did he reference that he actually reviewed your SMR SA DX? If he did and I missed it, that would certainly  change the Value of the Support Document. Semper Fi

CaravanDan

Still Waiting

14 posts in this topic

Seems like will never end..

Edited by CaravanDan

You don't need to wait for SC to receive treatment for PTSD. Request it now!!!

pr

My secondary Claim is for PTSD and other conditions went in in spring 2006,,Buffalo asked years ago for more paper-work ect,,they said they were doing a decision off my Reports WITH-OUT an Exam,,last we heard the file left syracuse VA Hospital last year and went back to buffalo,,,I am left wondering if the claim or Claims as a whole come back rejected how long it will take a an Appeal since its 6 years and running for the claim it-self,,,keep in mind now I'm an other than Honorable discharged Vet with a Service Connected Condition that has me Totally disabled,,Like I have stated in past postings it been a on-going process to try to be compensation,,Things are in the works,,In the mean time they(Buffalo VA) is dragging thier feet with me and my claims,,Thinking about asking local VA clinic if I can get treated while my claim is in the Works for PTSD???? aren't they suppose to??

Okay Mr Rogers,,

Edited by CaravanDan

Update--Thank you Mr,Rogers,,,,,,,

Edited by CaravanDan

CaravanDan - sorry I missed this post when you posted it. The thing to remember is that anything the VA "tells" you could be a lie or just an error. It's easier just to make up something then to look it up, so I suggest, altho it's harder on you, that all claims or questions be written and that they make their answers "written." The saying goes "if it can't be read, it wasn't said!" You should get clothing allowance if it's for a SC condition. Same goes for the wheel chair ramp.

As for the copays, on meds, for SC conditions - if you paid any, you should file a written claim for a refund. You might have problems if you have insurance coverage, tho. They can recover costs but, I believe, aren't supposed to recover for SC conditions.

pr

Okay Mr Rogers,,I will call Tomorrow and see what happens if I will get treatment of not,,last time I called a couple years ago I was Told NO treatment because of my type of Discharge,,,I said I was already service connected with a condition that has me totally disabled and was seen and granted wheelchair,,electric hospital bed and I had claims in for mental and other seconday conditions..Just as a side note I find it amazing how they(VA) nitpicks what i can get and not get,,they say yes I can have my legs braces made their but no clothing allowance,,yes I can have a cheap manual hook-up ramp to a van for my Chair but not a good electric one,,plus a slew of Co-pays they tell me I have to pay for my sevice connected conditions,,I'm sure they will ask too IF I do get treatment for my PTSD,,,

Glad to hear it. Be sure to file a claim for PTSD, if you haven't already.

pr

Update--Thank you Mr,Rogers,,,,,,,I went to my First PTSD counseling at the VA and she set me up for several more appointments after we spoke...She seemed so open and said the VA is Changing for the better,,, I really don't know what to say other than I'll see how it goes,,session by session..