VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Four Months Since Dro

Rate this question

Ken1

Question

It has been 4 month + since DRO Hearing and no denial or granted on any issues. Don’t know how common or if there is a common time line for a decision what has been other members time line to get some answers?

Thanks

Ken

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Generally speaking, I'd start to worry if I haven't heard anything about 6-9 months after the hearing.

BTW, would ja' be a bud and use larger type font?

It has been 4 month + since DRO Hearing and no denial or granted on any issues. Don’t know how common or if there is a common time line for a decision what has been other members time line to get some answers?

Thanks

Ken

I've been waiting 3 years just for them to respond to my 3 requests for a DRO hearing. I'd love to measure time in months instead of years. I've been fighting this since 1993 and may just now be getting within a year or 5 of actually getting a hearing or denial so i can get a lawyer on my case. My SSD/SSI case has taken 1.5 years. I only need to take a neuro-psych test and see the judge once more for a decision about HOW disabled I am. My VA records show beyond doubt I am messed up and it happened in Saudi Arabia during the Gulf War. They have buried my case and shuffled me around for over 20 years. If anyone thinks the VA does not intentionally screw vets with this phony "too many claims" BS I hope you never meet a salesman. SSD has a baziilion more claims with far more fraud than the VA will ever see. Yet they can finish a claim in under 2 years. The VA has flat refused to answer a single question for 3 years while my case sits and never gets seen.

I think the problem lies with the 20 year stack of evidence and the VA's own admissions that I am correct in my claims. If I get a hearing, someone has to admit the VA's actions, or look at a couple hundred pages of evidence and say it doesn't exist. And either way, i win. So their tactic is to deny me a hearing at all costs.

• HadIt.com Elder

Ken you can request an inquiry into status. Sometimes it kickstarts but keep in mind some VA's are way behind. Hang in there

• HadIt.com Elder

Getting to the Hearing has been my longest wait here at the St Pete VARO. It then took about 2-3 months to get the decision even though I already knew what it was going to be. My VSO, the DRO and I had come to an agreement. However, they need to make it look like they are really doing an investigation. When the DRO realized that it would not mean an increase in compensation or benefits for me he approched my VSO and the fix was in for an extra 10% per limb for PN. If it takes longer than 6 months to get a decision from the DRO I would start to get anxious and question things.