This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• Topics

• Forum Statistics

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
  • Topics

• I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS NEED HELP !!!
      You need to order your Cfile, and review your records.  Does your entrance exam show a history of alcohol abuse?  Also read your C and P exams.  The decision states the examiner stated your shoulder issue was less likely than not related to service.  This means you have not got a nexus.  If, indeed, your c and p exam says this, then you will need to fix this to get SC, probably by an IME/IMO.   You need to check your records to see if the statments they made are consistent with the medical records/cfile.  If not, its possible either the VA did not read your evidence, they shredded some, or they used another Vets medical records (yes, it happens).     You posted (from your decision) : "You submitted a lay statement to Support your claim. A credible lay statement may establish what was seen, heard, and directly experienced. The lay evidence was found not to be competent and sufficient in this case to establish a diagnosis of your condition or to show that a diagnosis had been made by a medical professional. You submitted a lay statement to support your claim. A credible lay statement may establish what was seen, heard, and directly experienced. The lay evidence was found not to be competent or credible evidence of the symptoms of your claimed condition. Although, some evidence supports your claim, we found other medical evidence more persuasive because it is supported by an accurate account of the medical history and/or it is the most detailed and reliable depiction of your medical condition. While some evidence supports your claim, we found other medical evidence more persuasive because it is supported by your relevant military And/or personal history. The VA medical opinion found no link between your diagnosed medical condition and military service.  You submitted lay evidence that your claimed disability is..."   The underlined portion is not a valid reasons and bases.  They must be specific as to what medical evidence conflicted your lay statements.  They need to say something like, "The Veteran reported xx, but Dr. C on 4-14-2010 stated this was yy, and that xx was incorrect".   You probably need to file a NOD, after reviewing your cfile, before, if it does not arrive within  a year.    
    • Memorial Day Vets Freebies, discounts
      Add yours to the list if you have one: Memorial Day is May 30. It's a time set aside to honor those who lost their lives in the service of their country. It's also become a time for people to thank active duty military personnel and veterans for their service to America. Some stores, restaurants and attractions offer freebies, deals and discounts for both current and former military personnel. It's always good to check with individual merchants to ensure their participation and make sure you have military identification. Here are some of the best Memorial Day offers: Restaurants Applebee's: Up to 10 percent off with valid military ID. Cinnabon: Save 15 percent at participating locations daily with your military ID. Dunkin' Donuts: Take 10 percent off all online orders every day with your Veterans Advantage membership. Hooters: Present military ID at Hooters on Memorial Day and for a free burger, buffalo chicken salad, or 10-piece wings. Lone Star Steakhouse: 20 percent off on Mondays, and 10 percent all other days of the week with valid military ID. McCallister's Deli: Free meal to all active duty military. Includes complimentary entrée, drink and dessert on May 30. McCormick & Schmick's: Active-duty military and veterans can get a free entrée for dinner or lunch on Monday, May 30. The options include buttermilk fried shrimp, parmesan crusted chicken, beef medallions, or beer battered fish and chips. Outback Steakhouse: 10 percent off with valid military ID. Red Robin: Free appetizer with any $10 purchase all weekend. You have to be a Red Robin Royalty member to qualify and can sign up here. Shoney's: One All-American Burger with fries is available to each guest with military ID on Memorial Day. Texas Roadhouse: Receive up to 30 percent off depending on location with valid military ID. Attractions Museums: More than 2,000 museums around the country offer free admission to active-duty military and their families from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day. You can find participating museums here. National Park Service: Current U.S. military members, dependents of deployed members of the armed forces and most Reservists and National Guard members can get a free annual pass year-round with military ID. Walt Disney World Resort: Four days military promotional tickets with park hopper option is $196 plus tax. Purchase through Dec. 16 for use now through Dec. 19. Zoos: Many zoos, including the Birmingham Zoo, offers free admission for all active duty and retired military and their dependents on May 28 from 9 a.m.-May 30 at 5 p.m. Other Lowe's  Year round 10% Discount for Active Duty, Disabled Vets, retired.     General motors: Active duty, reservists, retirees, veterans and their spouses can receive the General Motors military discount on Chevrolet, Buick, and GMC vehicles through May 31. Hyundai: Hyundai is doubling its usual $500 military discount for active, retired or veteran military members and their spouses for all eligible 2015, 2016 and 2017 model-year new Hyundai vehicles. Lowe's: A 10 percent military discount to active duty military members and retired veterans, or VA recipients. Valid military ID required. Nike: Save 10 percent at Nike.com and U.S. Nike retail stores throughout the year as an active duty, retired or reserve member of the armed forces. Under Armour: Veterans and active duty service members receive 15 percent off with valid UA Troop ID from May 24 to May 31. You can find out more here.
    • Increase Upgrade rather then DRO or Re open
      Your Award has to pass the 1 year mark, without a NOD filing, to become final. I was in the same situation back in 07/14. Secondary 04/14 FDC Awarded @ 0%. At that time, I had just been Awarded IU at a 06/28/14 DRO Hearing, from a 2010 NOD. Sure didn't want to wait another 3 to 4 yrs for a DRO Decision. Filed a New Secondary FDC 01/15, exactly the same as the 04/14 FDC. C & P took place 04/15 (real Negative VA Dr), 07/15 Decision letter, same Secondary SC @ 0%. I was getting ready to get back on the NOD Train 12/15, just hadn't mailed it in yet. Went on E-Ben 01/03/16 to get a copy of my IU Award for MI Property Tax Exemption. Low and behold, the VA Quality Control Phantom Rater, had taken me from 90% IU to 100% Scheduler with SMC S (1), in mid December. I have no idea of how long the Quality Control Rater had my 07/15 Decision. Had I jumped back on the NOD Train right away, would that have stopped his review and subsequent Award, I don't know. Semper Fi
    • I DON'T UNDERSTAND THIS NEED HELP !!!
      The decision states: "Because we were able to identify a marker in your service treatment reports you were scheduled for a VA compensation examination which was conducted in July 2015.  The examiner diagnosed major depressive disorder and other specified anxiety disorder.  The examiner indicated it is at least as likely as not the" stressor occurred. However the examiner indicated The series of experiences you found to be distressing, you reported antagonistic harassment by superiors related to alcohol rehabilitation contributed to his distress." That, in my opinion ,is not a stressor. We have a topic here I did on what is and isn't a stressor available under a search.  Although combat is not the only prerequisite for a stressor, this does not come close to a non combat stressor. Others might disagree with me and chime in here.    
    • Should I file a claim now or wait?
      Sax, your NEW claim has no bearing or affect on the Issues being Appealed to the BVA. I don't recall you mentioning that you actually started a New claim on your E-Ben site. You know, right, just starting the Claim on E-Ben, establishes your Retro Date? Filing as an FDC, is the way to go. My experience has been very positive with filing FDCs, as soon as the New DX Condition is in my VMC Medical Record. Some would caution, that Filing New Claims would slow down your other older claims or appeals. I filed (2) Secondary FDCs 02 & 04/14, 4 yr old DRO Hearing request was held 06/29/14. Both FDCs (1 Denial, 1 Awarded) were done by 07/14.  Semper Fi  
    • Exams during flare up?
      Oh okay, very good info. Seems similar to the one I had as well. Crossing my fingers for an increase. 
    • DRO hearing
      Rpowell, I would hold off on this until John Dorle sees it.     I think that is the John D you mean. Maybe Dr Bash or even John Dorle could provide an Addendum solely supporting the P & T Issue. I do not see a CUE here. And I do not feel you should drop those pending issues if any of them could possibly cause or contribute to your death. P & T is a medical determination, and like all of the other disability ratings, it requires a C & P exam unless they have significant evidence already, as you said they do in the opinion from Dr. Bash. Even if this involves a new IMO ( Dr Bash might want them to do a new C & P so that his IMO can attack that word for word) it would be well worth the investment  (his fee) in my opinion because the benefits of 100% P & T to your dependents and even with impact on your property tax, depending on where you live, all of that would be worth an IMO specifically for the P & T.        
    • Need some advice
      I'd likely see about voiding the NG enlistment. Can't have both. I'd think that you would not be deployable with the problems you mentioned.
    • C&P Examiner Pushed Me...FORCED
      I want to know if any of you have been forced for movement in your c&p exams by an examiner? I was. In fact, at my exam the examiner went through with me my MRI and showed me MS spots all over my lower spine and all sorts of other problems, I just had surgery for blown discs and paralysis... a several moths prior, it was hard for me to even drive to the exam not being able to hardly feel my feet and I had severe arthritis since it was winter (nerve roots all clumped together), I got around with a cane. So, the examiner had me do the motions and pushed me down, and at the sides, etc... it hurt (she literally threw her hand and pushed me and caused nerve damage, my back was extremely swollen from arthritis), I had no idea what she was doing and because of my problems I had some incontinence which was embarrassing. I had developed this from exposures to certain things in OEF (spots on spine). I was so mad, how bad the VA was screwing me any way they could and hell I just got back from war a year prior and this is how I was treated for sacrifice to the country. I left in tears and dirty drawers. I had no idea what to do, the VA hospital refused me c&p records from this and the VA only used it against me and then ignored as the exam didn't exist and the service reps with DAV, American Legion, all didn't give a damn and since I was a very young guy-they didn't care either; being first wave of guys back from war it was sparse to see young vets since not being in war for a long time-I am sure-but they didn't give a damn-USELESS SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS. I tried to fight back, I got nowhere, the VA was against me, in a demonic way. THIS WAS A VERY, VERY, VERY BAD EXPERIENCE I WANTED TO SHARE WITH YOU.  I realized the examiner was puppet for money, the VA and some demonic people within the VA wanted to screw me and that VSO's are worthless and YOU are all on your own. By the way, why is it if you have pieces of your spine removed it isn't considered like a loss of a body part is, losing a leg or an arm is paid out SMC, but if your missing parts of your spine how in the world is that now considered a loss of a body part and not entitled to SMC? It would be like saying, oh you use a prosthetic leg, so you leg is fine, no loss. Hence, segments of spine removed and replaced, fused, etc. I wonder why this topic hasn't caused more fuss in the VA community as range of motion is a joke, and that just all that is used to rate. 
    • Need some advice
      Hello to my fellow Brothers and Sisters this is my first post, I've been a long time lurker. I am a recently discharged OEF Vet. I joined the National Guard prior to my ETS. I really only joined for the healthcare to help out my family members. I knew my mind and body was breaking down too much to carry on doing active duty Infantry and I wasn't allowed to re-class. The Guard offered me one so I decided to re-class in the Guard to a HR MOS. I didn't receive a bonus and haven't gone to my AIT for the re-class yet. I've only participated in one Drill weekend. I recently received my award letter for 100% SC P&T. I don't know what to do now about staying in the Guard? Will I be penalized by the VA? Will it change my rating? Will the Guard just MEB me? Any advice is appreciated.

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

aggie54

Preparation For Notification

26 posts in this topic

Well, Finally went to Notification Stage after 18 months, I've been waiting a long time for this, now I just hope they do me justice and give me what I rate, Nothing More! Does anyone have an idea how long it will take before I actually get something in the mail or a post on ebenifits?

A big thanks to everyone all on this site for all your help and expertise on all subjects....

Aggie54

CHECK YOUR LETTER GENERATOR AND SEE IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING IN THERE.

reddiTT

Reddit:

That be under VA letters?

Thanks

They sent mine to Notification and then back to review of evidence, 3 days later my claim was closed,

and saw my letter for 100% P&T on the VA letters. So don't get upset if they send it back to review of

evidence.

Good Luck,

NJ

Thanks for the info NJ, I've been back to review of evidence twice already, so it wouldn't surprise me if it happens again, at this point I'm not even crossing my fingures anymore. It will get here when it gets here.

Thanks fir the reoly.

Oops sorry NJ, I meant, Thanks for the reply, sorry blind from left eye and sometimes I make mistakes. LOL.

Sounds like me aggie after reading online for a few hours..

Coot

you'll be ok aggie54 just hang in there....

Ok, I need some help here. I was in Notification Stage this morning, then went to Review of Evidence again, but I looked at Ebenefits and they put me at 90% but didn't dot the P or T. Then I went to VA letters and it says.This letter certifies that Domingo Aguilar is receiving service-connected disability compensation from the Department of Veterans Affairs. Gross Benefit Amount $1661.00. This is for a single person, but I'm married, then it says Effective Date March 1,2012. I was under the impression that I would be back dated from the day after I retired which was Sept 1, 2010. My question is, will they retro pay from the day after I retired or what? As for the dependant problem I can send them my marriage certificate not a problem. Why would they give me a 90% and send me back to Review of Evidence? And what will happen with my Unemployablity since I am already receiving my social security, plus I haven't seen anything as for the SMC since I lost my left eye sight while in the Military, is this the reason they sent it back to Review of Evidence to correct these unanswer questions. I know this seems like alot of questions, please forgive me but I'm just confuse about it all.

Thanks, and any information will be greatly appreicated.

Agiie.

Thanks Coot

aggie,

Not sure about Ebenefits, but I am sure that you are entitled to back pay to the day after discharge from active duty, and once they receive your marraige certificate, you will be entitled to the married rate back to the day after discharge or the day of marraige, whichever came second. Your SSD doesnt affect service connection so you can collect both! If they rate you at 90% and you arent or cant work, I would ask for a medical opinion stating that you cant work due to your disabilites so you can get IU at 100%.

donna

Thanks Donna for your reply, I provided my marriage documents to the VA Rep while I was doing my retirement physical while Acap processing, no biggy I will provide them again. I was granted my Social Security Benefits in 2011 due to my Service Connected Disabilities.Donna, I got injured while on active duty on July 2007 and was keep off work until Aug 31, 2010 when I retired. I have not worked since 2007, when I got injured I was keep on a Permanant profile unable to work as a Recruiter due to being blind from my left eye, the military didn't want me to drive a government vehicle because I was to much of a liability so I was sent home for 3 years until I retired.

Donna,I hoping to get paid my retro pay because I am very close to losing my home due to not being able to work and earn a living. I do have a doctors report that states that I am disable and unable to work due to my other service connected disabilities, these documents have already been provided to the VA, once again I don't have a problem submitting them again.

Thank you so very much Donna for the information.

God Bless.

Edited by aggie54

aggie, are you positive your effected date is 3-1-2012.?..This doesn't make sense! When did you file this claim?

Also, a vet has to be 30% or more to be eligible for Dependent Benefits. So, you been at 20% until this claim was awarded for 90% which means you reached your 30% or over, so now your Dependents pay will begin on the effected Date of this claim.

Please recheck the effective date for this! The reason is, the ED (effective Date) should start either the date you file this claim or in your case, the date you retired, maybe.

Coot

Coot, I looking at it right now, and it says Effective Date March 1,2012. Combined Evaluation 90%, Gross Benefit Amount $1661.00, Net Amount Paid $1661.00. I don't know whats going on Coot. Ebenefits is showing Claim filed date of 7/25/2010 under Reveiew of Evidence and then it's also showing Special Correspondence, date of 7/12/2011 showing under Claim Received. Under Benefits Explorer it shows 90% Military Disability Rating and 90% VA Disability Rating. Permanant and Total is uncheck. Yes, I have been 20% since 1992 for injuries while in the Marine Corps. Coot that's all Ebenefits is showing, I truly don't understand what is going on with my case. Oh , I found my copy of the form 21-686c that I provided the VA with. No worries I'll send it again. I retired on 9/1/2010.

Thanks Coot.

Aggie

Edited by aggie54

Well, Finally went to Notification Stage after 18 months, I've been waiting a long time for this, now I just hope they do me justice and give me what I rate, Nothing More! Does anyone have an idea how long it will take before I actually get something in the mail or a post on ebenifits?

A big thanks to everyone all on this site for all your help and expertise on all subjects....

Aggie54

I am an E-5 in the Navy, and I am active duty. Just submitted my NMA and dictations. Have appointment with Doc on April 1st, so he can type up the Dictations in medical terms. How long does the process take from here, I hear that the Navy and VA work together now and that the process is alot quicker, is that true? Please help with this matter, I am so stressed and trying to learn everything I can. Antonio

​7-25-2010 should be your ED. Can you remember if that's the date you filed for THIS claim. The 3-1-12 ED is totally ridiculous.

Since you already turned in the 21-686c then I would wait till they ask you for it. Maybe they won't and just use the one they have. But the only problem there is, if you do wait till they ask for it, it'll just make it longer to receive the Dep. pay.

Coot

The date Ebenefits first showed was 5/28/2010. QTC on 6/25/2010 with a closed date of 2/2/2011. But they have it showing as Claim date of 7/25/2010. I really don't understand these people. Seems to me like they have their dates all screwed up. Hopefully, they will notice it and fix it. I will take your advice and keep the form until I speak with them about it.

Thanks Coot for being so concern in helping me.

Aggie.

Not a problem at all aggie! Thats what were all here for, each other.

Yea, they have it all screwed up on your dates. For instance, they mentioned later the claim date was 7-25-10, well then how is it you had your C&P (QTC) a month before you filed your claim..lol..Do yourself a favor, don't give to much trust what they put in ebenefits.

Since the claim has been adjudicated, I would just wait till you hear something from VA. Hope it works out good for ya!

Coot

Thanks Coot.

God Bless.

Aggie

Thank you for your service, Aggie. Sorry for your sacrifice. Blessings to you for a happier future.

Thank you AFButch for your comment, Greatly appreicated, I know justice will be served as I served my Country almost all my life. I know the VA has a hard job to do and their only human, and like all of us sometimes we have to correct our mistakes by going back and fourth until we get it right. Right? I'm sure they will take a closer look and make the right decision.

Edited by aggie54

I am an E-5 in the Navy, and I am active duty. Just submitted my NMA and dictations. Have appointment with Doc on April 1st, so he can type up the Dictations in medical terms. How long does the process take from here, I hear that the Navy and VA work together now and that the process is alot quicker, is that true? Please help with this matter, I am so stressed and trying to learn everything I can. Antonio

Kiefer82, this aggie54 did anyone get back too you on the questions that you have on the process with the VA? if not, send me a message and I will try to give you as much info as I can. Have you started a New Topic`

If not start one so you can get all the members involved and try to help you.

Good Luck..

Aggie...

Aggie54,

Thank you so much for answering back. I created a new post, and asked questions, and no one has helped. I figured since I am active, and spent a few tours in Afghanistan, people would want to help. I am new to the site, and it is kind of hard to navigate. I have been so stressed about the whole situation. I am stationed in one state and my family lives in another state and having my health issues, and not knowing the process. I have Crohn;s disease, just had testicular surgery, two knee surgeries, seeing doc for PTSD, and been batteling MRSA for two years, that I was infected with at Walter Reed Medical Center. Once I do the Dictation with the Doc on April 1st, what happens after that, and what is the time frame. Please help me with this matter.

USN

E-5

Edited by kiefer82

I received White envelope today but posted in wrong place. Please see under introduce yourself. Sorry, not feeling well tonight.

Thanks

Aggie

Please be careful about putting personal information(your name,ss,ect) as this could get into wrong hands-You might want to delete your name-thanks