VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Preparation For Notification

Rate this topic

aggie54

Thanks Donna for your reply, I provided my marriage documents to the VA Rep while I was doing my retirement physical while Acap processing, no biggy I will provide them again. I was granted my Social Security Benefits in 2011 due to my Service Connected Disabilities.Donna, I got injured while on active duty on July 2007 and was keep off work until Aug 31, 2010 when I retired. I have not worked since 2007, when I got injured I was keep on a Permanant profile unable to work as a Recruiter due to being blind from my left eye, the military didn't want me to drive a government vehicle because I was to much of a liability so I was sent home for 3 years until I retired.

Donna,I hoping to get paid my retro pay because I am very close to losing my home due to not being able to work and earn a living. I do have a doctors report that states that I am disable and unable to work due to my other service connected disabilities, these documents have already been provided to the VA, once again I don't have a problem submitting them again.

Thank you so very much Donna for the information.

God Bless.

Edited by aggie54

aggie, are you positive your effected date is 3-1-2012.?..This doesn't make sense! When did you file this claim?

Also, a vet has to be 30% or more to be eligible for Dependent Benefits. So, you been at 20% until this claim was awarded for 90% which means you reached your 30% or over, so now your Dependents pay will begin on the effected Date of this claim.

Please recheck the effective date for this! The reason is, the ED (effective Date) should start either the date you file this claim or in your case, the date you retired, maybe.

Coot

Coot, I looking at it right now, and it says Effective Date March 1,2012. Combined Evaluation 90%, Gross Benefit Amount $1661.00, Net Amount Paid $1661.00. I don't know whats going on Coot. Ebenefits is showing Claim filed date of 7/25/2010 under Reveiew of Evidence and then it's also showing Special Correspondence, date of 7/12/2011 showing under Claim Received. Under Benefits Explorer it shows 90% Military Disability Rating and 90% VA Disability Rating. Permanant and Total is uncheck. Yes, I have been 20% since 1992 for injuries while in the Marine Corps. Coot that's all Ebenefits is showing, I truly don't understand what is going on with my case. Oh , I found my copy of the form 21-686c that I provided the VA with. No worries I'll send it again. I retired on 9/1/2010.

Thanks Coot.

Aggie

Edited by aggie54

Well, Finally went to Notification Stage after 18 months, I've been waiting a long time for this, now I just hope they do me justice and give me what I rate, Nothing More! Does anyone have an idea how long it will take before I actually get something in the mail or a post on ebenifits?

A big thanks to everyone all on this site for all your help and expertise on all subjects....

Aggie54

I am an E-5 in the Navy, and I am active duty. Just submitted my NMA and dictations. Have appointment with Doc on April 1st, so he can type up the Dictations in medical terms. How long does the process take from here, I hear that the Navy and VA work together now and that the process is alot quicker, is that true? Please help with this matter, I am so stressed and trying to learn everything I can. Antonio

​7-25-2010 should be your ED. Can you remember if that's the date you filed for THIS claim. The 3-1-12 ED is totally ridiculous.

Since you already turned in the 21-686c then I would wait till they ask you for it. Maybe they won't and just use the one they have. But the only problem there is, if you do wait till they ask for it, it'll just make it longer to receive the Dep. pay.

Coot

The date Ebenefits first showed was 5/28/2010. QTC on 6/25/2010 with a closed date of 2/2/2011. But they have it showing as Claim date of 7/25/2010. I really don't understand these people. Seems to me like they have their dates all screwed up. Hopefully, they will notice it and fix it. I will take your advice and keep the form until I speak with them about it.

Thanks Coot for being so concern in helping me.

Aggie.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use