VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Individual Unemployability Decision/wait Time

Rate this question

Sniperpeeps

Question

Hello all, first time poster but I have browsed this site for a while now. I have a claim in for increase due to unemployability and the claim closed last Friday, March 2 on ebenefits. I already recieve Social Security Disabilty for my service connected disabilities. My current rating is 90%. I am really stressing out right now and was hoping someone could inform me of a couple things. I called the VA direct deposit center and they told me I had no pending retro payments as of today. I have not recieved my packet yet, but the suspense of not knowing is making both myself and my wife nervous wrecks. From everything I have heard, I should for sure get IU, but I am so worried that they will deny me. I guess I'm wanting to know how long it normally takes to receive both the letter and subsequent payment if approved for IU. I searched all over the forum and couldn't find an answer to my question, I hope it's not a dumb question but I am seriously stressed right now.

I just checked the e benefits website and my rating went from 70% to 90%. This is great news, but I also filed a claim for TDIU. My claim is still open and went from Preparation of Notification to Review of Evidence. Does this mean that I still have a good chance of getting TDIU?

Hi all. First time poster.

Effective February 2,, 2018, I had my then 30% disability rating, raised to 70%. This took months of Doctors appointments, (both VA and Civilian), hours of therapy, Physical therapy and miles of traveling, but it was raised. My local VSO had me file For Individual Unemployability, which after several more months, was denied. The Decision : "The claim for entitlement to individual unemployability remains denied because the evidence submitted is not new and material."

Because there hasn't been any changes in my disabilities (Headaches and Lumbosacral discogenic disease), there is no new Doctors info, so all the info I sent to them was basically the same as it was. Now I've been unemployed for 2 years and 2 months! The VSO had me request VocRehab. I just got the information on that with an appointment pending in one week. I have to take all of the evaluations and answer all the questions, when all I need from them is to write a letter saying I'm unemployable, according to the VSO.    Any suggestions!

I forgot to mention that I have been receiving SSDI since February of 2017 due to the strain on my already existing back injury (SC) that made me end up on unemployment!

Edited by Digger56
forgot to mention.

Hello all, first time poster but I have browsed this site for a while now. I have a claim in for increase due to unemployability and the claim closed last Friday, March 2 on ebenefits. I already recieve Social Security Disabilty for my service connected disabilities. My current rating is 90%. I am really stressing out right now and was hoping someone could inform me of a couple things. I called the VA direct deposit center and they told me I had no pending retro payments as of today. I have not recieved my packet yet, but the suspense of not knowing is making both myself and my wife nervous wrecks. From everything I have heard, I should for sure get IU, but I am so worried that they will deny me. I guess I'm wanting to know how long it normally takes to receive both the letter and subsequent payment if approved for IU. I searched all over the forum and couldn't find an answer to my question, I hope it's not a dumb question but I am seriously stressed right now.

Welcome,

Try to keep busy until you get an official answer and decision,

as staying busy will help relieve stress.

The VBA is not under any specific timeframe to provide your "letter and subsequent payment".

Any answer is just a guess as it could easily be say 1 - 6 months.

I strongly doubt it will be anything AT ALL, less than a month.

Hope it all goes well for you.