VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Memorandum Rating Taking Forever

Rate this question

Quaymar

Question

I applied for a memorandum rating which is what you need while you're going through the MEB process to get the ball rolling on applying for the Voc Rehab benefit. All they need to do is look at your application and determine whether you will get 20% or more then you get this memorandum rating and that allows you to apply for Voc Rehab while on active duty and going through the MEB process. That way, when you get out, you will be ready to start school immediately.

When I applied, I was told that it should take about 2 weeks to get an answer and it has been over 2 months! Has anyone else had a similar experience? Any ideas as to how to resolve this other than calling them every week like I have been doing?

• Answers 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

5 answers to this question

The Regional Offices are so far behind on ratings that you can not count on any timelines. Hopefully it you will get your rating soon.

Heh, I JUST got an answer last week. And they declined me. They said that I would probably get less than 20%. HUH?! I re-applied and asked how I could possibly get less than 20% with sleep apnea (using a cpap), tinnitus, spinal fusion and MDD. I think someone must have goofed the first time.

Heh, I JUST got an answer last week. And they declined me. They said that I would probably get less than 20%. HUH?! I re-applied and asked how I could possibly get less than 20% with sleep apnea (using a cpap), tinnitus, spinal fusion and MDD. I think someone must have goofed the first time.

Sounds like someone screwed up.. my expierence with voc rehabilitation is that the counselors are idots....