• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Bstman

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm interested in filling a gulf war illness claim , my question is do you think it worthwhile, I have the symptoms that are required for the claim , but some of the fall into my ptsd symptoms which I all ready receive compensation for .   if I file gwi , will they try to reduce my ptsd rating.  all I read is so many gulf war claims are denied . I don't want to fill and have it denied and have them turn around and start messing with my ptsd claim . Any thoughts?  
    • My opinion Any new evidence will help you with a NOD. Mine was just a Voc Expert who testifies in VA, SSDI and Railroad Benefits Courts. And even though it sounds silly and anti-progress, i think at this point in time with the games the VA is playing with fast rejections and lowballs have FILLED the frikin Appeals Dockets, we should maybe hold back just ONE bit of evidence, maybe because we kind of already know lowballing is SoP for the bastiches, just have that one bit of evidence ready for your NOD. Once again, just a opinion, and a path i'm taking on my next claim.
    • I thought the same. To be honest I get strong anxiety disgust when I go to the va. Lost trust with the providers there. So part a is free correct? Even if I only have 8 years of solid work and on and off.  As far as part b they are saying that I can lower my rate by signing a earlier effective date my alleged onset date. Which would be a difference of 104.90 starting date June 2011 in which I have to pay an additional 6,517.30. I currently have no medical bills pending throughout that period.  The other one is August 2016 with a premium of 121.80 a month. However, What I don't understand is on the bottom they want to charge me 243.60 due through December 2016. Is that two year enrollment plan?
    • @broncovet @john999 thanks for the feedback, the Peter Principle is exactly what I'm worried about. Since I am SC for PTSD already and filing for an increase, I was concerned that they wouldn't acknowledge any of my treatment records as evidence for increase since the CRNP made diagnosis of MDD on almost every treatment note over the past year. I think he just looks at the thing that's most obvious with me, writes a prescription, and sends me on my way. Maybe he's uncomfortable with the MST part but he has never asked me anything about it, my stressors, etc. When I mentioned my nightmares he didn't ask anything about the nature of them, just prescribed me prazosin. When I mentioned my anxiety and social avoidance, he again didn't ask me anything about it, but he prescribed me hydroxyzine. Aside from the depression, I have all these meds treating me for various PTSD symptoms but that MDD stays right there as my primary dx, and that's what I'm worried about. I'm very afraid they will reject my claim or maybe even reduce my PTSD as not having a current diagnosis and say the depression isn't SC. I guess I just wait and prepare myself.
    • From my experience yes. My initial claim took two years and my current claim,  one increase and one new, is currently at prep for notification and was filed in May. I'm sure this varies greatly by a number of factors. 

pkelly4576

Pending Decision Approval

12 posts in this topic

Claim just went to Pending decision approval...

Hopefully not too much longer

Coachchas

My claim just went into that phase. Curious to see what happens next....

Mine to but I feel like its going to be another headache where another wait begins. 20 months is a long time I dont care what the backlog is in philadelhpia. I was wondering if anyone has any updates like how much longer they waited in this phase Im guessing not to soon but I guess theres always hope and then comes the long wait.

Edited by jfrei

Mine to but I feel like its going to be another headache where another wait begins. 20 months is a long time I dont care what the backlog is in philadelhpia. I was wondering if anyone has any updates like how much longer they waited in this phase Im guessing not to soon but I guess theres always hope and then comes the long wait.

Mine went from this stage to complete in less than 3 weeks and that was at the Atlanta VARO (saturated beyond belief). Keep the faith!

Moved to Preparation for Decision on 3/8/12, Pending Decision Approval 3/26/12, Preparation for Notification 3/27/12, Closed 3/29/12 - EDIT: and retro 4/1/12.

Edited by justrluk

Well mine was in the prep for a decision its third time on dec 9 2011 after being deferred from the tiger team because lack of exams so on dec 2 2011 I had my exams. Being sent back to philly I knew I was going to wait again which sucks then on march 29 2012 it went to decision pending the next day I called the VA 800 crap and was told that my decision was signed off and heading into the notification phase. My claim was submitted on july 12 2010 in philly its now coming to an end I think I guess I was wondering if anyone else had this experience and if theirs came to an end or am I just in for another long wait to be notified.

Correction it went into the notification phase on the 29 march so I guess not to crazy longer just hope its quicker then 44 days to end right before my 2 year mark.

Edited by jfrei