• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tyr

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Yes I was and am still on FERS disability. Technically i was separated from my federal job because i medically disqualified from the military for a leg injury. I was what you call a dual status technician, sometimes called an ART. It was mandatory that I apply for SSDI under FERS rules, but was denied of course! I was still employed when i was told to apply.  As far as other etiologies, i saw a well known ENT firm for a while and after bunch of tests they diagnosed me with menieres. I then went to Dr Ellis for the nexus letter. The only problem i think i have is that even though i was in uniform Mon-Fri and still doing the exact same thing as i did when active duty, technically i was only "military" 2 days month or when on special orders. That and no vestibular problems are mentioned in my military med records. We all lied to keep our flying qualifications! Ive kinda put off the SSDI project for after my VA and OWCP stuff is finished.      
    • Q1  -  I am trying to get a general idea how long it is generally takes to be scheduled a DRO Hearing date for a NOD claim.  My hearing happens to be in Waco. I filed my NOD in Nov 2012 and requested a DRO. My case was sent to Jansville even though I'm within the WACO VARO area.  I Received the SOC 9 Apr 2015.... ...so about 29 months from filing the NOD to receiving the SOC.   Semper Fi
    • Question.....were you on FERS disability when you left federal employment due to the  menieres ? If so, because of FERS, did you also apply for and receive SSDI solely for the Meniere's disease? It is an excellent IMO. I am assuming that all other possible etiologies have been ruled out.
    • Hi Wayne - We probably go to the same VAMC!  I've been to the Dallas VAMC sleep clinic twice and all they do is check how many nights you've used your CPAP (I think she just plugged a wire into the machine and didn't even use an SD-Card).  She asked a couple of questions about how I'm sleeping and do I feel drowsy while driving, after eating, ect., then asked if I had any questions, or if I needed any thing else.  I told her that I needed a new face mask since mine was a year old.  She put the order in and I just went downstairs and picked up a new face mask and hose. I wouldn't worry about "losing" your rating... the important thing is to keep using your CPAP!  Semper Fi
    • I forgot to answer your question "So my question is, how do I proceed with my appeal?  Should I go to a civilian doctor and get more documentation or should I go to the VA medical clinic?  " You need to provide medical  evidence that overcomes each denial.I assume they gave you reasons for each denial. Did they say you were denied because you missed the C & P exams? If it is a question of a denial due to lack of an inservice nexus, no civilian doctor or VA medical clinic is going to be much help with that,in my opinion. Then again I have no idea what those 22 other contentions were for.  

pkelly4576

Pending Decision Approval

12 posts in this topic

Claim just went to Pending decision approval...

Hopefully not too much longer

Coachchas

My claim just went into that phase. Curious to see what happens next....

Mine to but I feel like its going to be another headache where another wait begins. 20 months is a long time I dont care what the backlog is in philadelhpia. I was wondering if anyone has any updates like how much longer they waited in this phase Im guessing not to soon but I guess theres always hope and then comes the long wait.

Edited by jfrei

Mine to but I feel like its going to be another headache where another wait begins. 20 months is a long time I dont care what the backlog is in philadelhpia. I was wondering if anyone has any updates like how much longer they waited in this phase Im guessing not to soon but I guess theres always hope and then comes the long wait.

Mine went from this stage to complete in less than 3 weeks and that was at the Atlanta VARO (saturated beyond belief). Keep the faith!

Moved to Preparation for Decision on 3/8/12, Pending Decision Approval 3/26/12, Preparation for Notification 3/27/12, Closed 3/29/12 - EDIT: and retro 4/1/12.

Edited by justrluk

Well mine was in the prep for a decision its third time on dec 9 2011 after being deferred from the tiger team because lack of exams so on dec 2 2011 I had my exams. Being sent back to philly I knew I was going to wait again which sucks then on march 29 2012 it went to decision pending the next day I called the VA 800 crap and was told that my decision was signed off and heading into the notification phase. My claim was submitted on july 12 2010 in philly its now coming to an end I think I guess I was wondering if anyone else had this experience and if theirs came to an end or am I just in for another long wait to be notified.

Correction it went into the notification phase on the 29 march so I guess not to crazy longer just hope its quicker then 44 days to end right before my 2 year mark.

Edited by jfrei