• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    bellastar

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I don't understand where you are coming from on this.  I already get paid mileage for my scheduled appointments at the VA in Tallahassee, such as eye exams and physicals.  This is per Title 38 because I am rated at over 30% disability.  Title 38 also says that for medical services not part of a scheduled appointment should be paid one way travel [70.4 (c)].
    • You wont be paid for ANY travel to and from a VA Hospital unless it is demanded of you by the VA(i.e. C&P Exams)
    • Great Ideal broncovet, I sure do this.  make it a lot eazier to look for things. I have not put it in my computer  just yet, but will work on it tonight. AS for as having in Paper I guess its just a prefered preference , I like mine in CD-ROM a lot better , After I get it ''organized ... all you need to do is just print out what you need, and not have papers sheets string out all over the living room floor  for the pets to play with and mess up eh! I'll make a back-up disk also. Thanks broncovet.
    • Maybe I should have commented, but if they already have over 100,000, then they probably wont read mine anyway.   The VA has been using "non Doctors" already.  I actually tend to favor allowing nurses to do C and P exams, that is, if they have the requisite expertise/experince/training in the applicable field.   I had a C and P done by an MD who ADMITTED she had no training or experience in sleep apnea.  (Why was she doing a sleeep apnea exam?  Probably they had no one else.  There are just a few sleep docs in my town, and probably none of these want to work for VA for some good reasons).   The sleep apnea exam was unfavorable.  I contested the c and P exam based on the issue that the examiner was not qualified.  She simply had no sleep medicine experience and was unqualified to offer an opinion, even tho she was a doctor.  She could have had a Phd in Electric circuits, and that would not mean she knew about sleep apnea.   The main thing is that Vets need to be educated.  They need to ask the c and p examiner for his/her CV, or at least is she board certified in the applicable specialty.    Then, if the C and P exam is unfavorable, they should decide whether or not to challenge the competency of the examiner.  Vets often think if they have a "white coat", then they are obviously a doctor and know what they are doing.   Many years ago I wore a white coat and a stethoscope. I was a respiratory tech trainee, and often confused by patients that I was a doctor. My son married a doctor, and she relies heavily on her PA.  She trusts the PA, and signs her name to pretty much anything the PA decides.   My wife was a nurse.  She often called the doc and said, "this patient needs more pain med" or whatever.  The doc virtually always agreed, and did as the nurse suggested.  (In the nursing home, most of the time, the doc wont show up, sometimes for a month or more.  So, the nurse is obviously calling the shots, the doc is "signing off" on it.  
    • The CD works great especially if you have a long medical record.  Mine is a couple thousand pages.  Its easier to search.  I got my last cfile on CDROM, too. Reccomended:  Make yourself an "index".  It will take some time but save you time later.  My cfile was "NOT" in date order, or in any other logical progression.  Here is a little sample of what I call the "RBA (or cfile) index".  RBA INdex: RBA pages 1-56  BVA decision 2012.   Page 57.  VARO decision date... (Its your index, so you can put things like, "denied IU", or something to help you remember what this decision was about).   P. 96.  VAMC health records, 1 June 04- May 08 P. 128 C and P exam for tdiu   etc, etc. You can use "color codes" for your index, if you like.   For example, I put C and P exams in green. RO denials in Red. (Green means money).  

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so.

pkelly4576

Pending Decision Approval

12 posts in this topic

Claim just went to Pending decision approval...

Hopefully not too much longer

Coachchas

My claim just went into that phase. Curious to see what happens next....

Mine to but I feel like its going to be another headache where another wait begins. 20 months is a long time I dont care what the backlog is in philadelhpia. I was wondering if anyone has any updates like how much longer they waited in this phase Im guessing not to soon but I guess theres always hope and then comes the long wait.

Edited by jfrei

Mine to but I feel like its going to be another headache where another wait begins. 20 months is a long time I dont care what the backlog is in philadelhpia. I was wondering if anyone has any updates like how much longer they waited in this phase Im guessing not to soon but I guess theres always hope and then comes the long wait.

Mine went from this stage to complete in less than 3 weeks and that was at the Atlanta VARO (saturated beyond belief). Keep the faith!

Moved to Preparation for Decision on 3/8/12, Pending Decision Approval 3/26/12, Preparation for Notification 3/27/12, Closed 3/29/12 - EDIT: and retro 4/1/12.

Edited by justrluk

Well mine was in the prep for a decision its third time on dec 9 2011 after being deferred from the tiger team because lack of exams so on dec 2 2011 I had my exams. Being sent back to philly I knew I was going to wait again which sucks then on march 29 2012 it went to decision pending the next day I called the VA 800 crap and was told that my decision was signed off and heading into the notification phase. My claim was submitted on july 12 2010 in philly its now coming to an end I think I guess I was wondering if anyone else had this experience and if theirs came to an end or am I just in for another long wait to be notified.

Correction it went into the notification phase on the 29 march so I guess not to crazy longer just hope its quicker then 44 days to end right before my 2 year mark.

Edited by jfrei