VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Brown Envelope Arrived

Rate this topic

Donna Kelley

"The" envelope arrived and I am almost ashamed to say the amount of time that it took, considering how many others have been waiting for so long.

Timeline

June 2011, request for increase due to spinal fusion of L4-S1 for SC degenerative disc

Dec 2011, C/P exam

March 27, 2012 approved for 100%, an increase from 90%.

I cannot swear on it, but when the increase was submitted, I ensured that I submitted all pertinent documentation, ie, surgical report and statement from surgeon, so that may have been to my benefit I fortunately had the same surgeon who was also active duty at the same time I was, he retired also at the same time. Having worked in Navy medicine for most of my career, we both attempted to foresee what may be needed to submit the request.

Now comes the wait for the retro pay, which I was told could be another 60-90 days! Which I find to be incredibly unreasonable, in this day and age of electronic communication.

Donna biggrin.png

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GREAT NEWS Donna!!!!

But this sucks:

"60-90 days!"

Is this a CRDP or CRSC retirement situation?

Geez I got my VA cash in the bank before my last award letter came. I think every claim I ever had, brought the money before the actual letter.

All I can think of is a DFAS situation that could hold up the retro. ????

But still You WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee.

GREAT NEWS Donna!!!!

But this sucks:

"60-90 days!"

Is this a CRDP or CRSC retirement situation?

Geez I got my VA cash in the bank before my last award letter came. I think every claim I ever had, brought the money before the actual letter.

All I can think of is a DFAS situation that could hold up the retro. ????

But still You WON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yippee.

Thank you Berta, it is appreciated. Yes I did win, but it is like a win without the trophy. It is perplexing to me that it is going to take so long for the retro payment, and indeed it is frustrating. I am beside myself with concern, as I have a daughter who was born prior to my enlistment with spinal bifada, there has been alot of unexpected expenses lately, mostly out of pocket. I was hoping that the retro would be soon, real soon, so I could breathe a little easier. It just does not make any sense as to why it would take so long, after all they are not in the stone age, auditing on a piece of marble with a chisel. I do know that there are far too many others that are having the same problem, so I can understand their frustrations.

Thank you once again, take care

Donna

So glad for your success, but feel for you on the wait for retro. From what I've read, if you're retired the VA has to bump any retro payments up against your DFAS account to see if you have any debts - which would be covered first before you were paid as to not create an over-payment. I'm still waiting for DFAS to create a retirement account after sending them the documents myself in Feb 2012. I'd call and bug them every day if I were you. You shouldn't have to wait/suffer while they take their time processing your retro.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use