VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

2011 Bva Cycle Times

Rate this question

ketchup56

Question

According to the Chairman of the Board of Veterans Appeals ( Bva's) 2011 annual report to the Secretary of the Department of Veterans Affairs, the average time once file is certified and in reciept at bva and a decision is rendered is 240 days. Of these 240 days, 119 of them is the average cycle time for bva,s time to make that decision, with the remaining 121 days being the average time your vso has the file for review or arguments before returning file to the VLJ. This is interesting in that my appeal has been certified and been with the VLJ since the 23rd. of march 2012 and i am representing myself after revocation of my POA, and waiving reconsideration of regional office consideration.

• Answers 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

That 2009 claim that is supposed to be certified to the BVA is just gathering dust. Is this an important claim?

John - short answer is Yes.

They rated me at 40% reduced to 20% (backdated to 2008 - initial decision from a claim in 2005) bilateral for knees that they said were pre-existing. I'm contending that this isn't true, they have no proof and also sent a copy of my initial entry exam with a statement reminding them of "presumption of soundness" and benefit of the doubt in a statement in support of claim. If it comes back to the 40% (bilateral), it would all add up to 95%.... I'm still working, so would they keep me at 90%, or the 100% schedular?

Also, I think this went for DRO review w/another claim that was in appeal. My VSO said they were going to wait until they had all the info and review them together. I've been told this isn't a bad thing, but I'm getting tired of waiting.

Edited by justrluk