• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Lana

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I recently read in a current VA Best Practices C & P Examiners (VA Dr, Contract DR or Outsourced Exam) TL (Training Letter), that a copy of the completed C & P DBQ was to be provided to the Vet at the time of the Exam, if requested. Your situation, being after the Outsourced Exam will probably, as you've found out, be more difficult. Have you contacted the Outsource Agency and requested a copy of your C & P DBQ? Just because it's been "Uploaded to the VA," a copy exists in their records and should be available to you, upon an in person or written request. Non Govt businesses or Agencies are not governed by the FOIA. At this point, filing a VA FOIA request for you VA C-File is going to take 12+ mos. You could attempt to avail yourself of a personal Viewing of your C-File at the St P RO. Your supposed to be able to do a Walk-in at the RO, View your C-File 1st come, 1st served, even have pages of interest copied while your there. I recently tried it at my Det RO, Front Desk aren't aware of the VA Reg, you have to make an appointment so the RO can assign a VA Employee to stand by your side while your viewing the file. You also have to make them aware of your intent to request certain pages be copied. Do you have a VSO-Rep, with an HQ Office at your RO? Contact the MFIC of your VSO and discuss your need for the copy of your DBQ. Semper Fi
    • FloridaNurse, Now you can turn the page and begin the next chapter of your life.  Praise God for your blessings and award!
    • Thank you all for your advice. I will keep you posted.
    • Can anybody tell me if this qualifies a Veteran to be able to use the VA's CHOICE program... The VA has refused Cervical Spine surgery on me THREE TIMES. So I decided to finally get away from the VA and go see an orthopedic surgeon in my area. I just recently had a new MRI and the results are now showing I have Cervical Myelopathy at TWO levels. I go this Wednesday (Tomorrow) for the follow up MRI to see what the treatment plan is. I hope its surgery because I am tired of all this pain and not having a life. Since the VA Neurosurgeon has refused me three times for surgery and with the NEW MRI evidence and maybe the Orthopedic Surgeon will say surgery is the only treatment, would this qualify for the VA to pay for this surgery through the VAs CHOICE program? This surgeon is already in the VA Choice Program provider list, I just looked. Remember the VA Neurosurgeon REFUSED to do the surgery not once but THREE separate times. Keep in mind the VA Bay Pines in St Pete NOR James A. Haley has a Neurosurgeon on staff and uses a consultant to make decision if surgery is necessary and if he says yes the VA sends you out to the cheapest doctor in town. After my uncle inlaw just went through this a little over a year ago the cheap surgeon cause paralysis in his left arm I said NOPE, not going there.
    • Here's my story, served from 86-95,  left the US to live and work in Asia from 1996-2011,  came back in the US  for 18 months and went to Germany 2011-2015 to work and came back in the US in Jan 2015. Got seen for vertigo numerous for almost two decades times but records will be impossible to get from Japanese hospital and German hospital.  I do have records when I was seen at the Naval Hospital and Army Hospital as a civilian.  in  April 2015 , I submitted disability claim for vertigo and was denied.  June 2015, claim for Tinnitus was awarded without evidence. for 2016, got records now for being seen from my primary care. I logged 5 visits and 2 ER due to Vertigo.  Today, my doctor decided to write a letter indicating that my vertigo and dizziness condition, in her opinion that is more than likely not that this was from the Mefloquine (Lariam ) medication. As far as my condition, i am slowly deteriorating, my vertigo attacks is more frequent nowadays.  In addition, to support my claim, I now have a copy of my medical record that I acknowledge the instruction of taking the medication weekly while in Somalia.    Question to all: do I do an appeal (NOD)? i am passed the one year mark.  Do I initiate a new claim?   As far as my condition, i am slowly deteriorating, my vertigo attacks is more frequent nowadays.       Can someone educate me how to proceed on this? Thank you.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OldDave

Peripheral Neuropathy Rating Criteria

6 posts in this topic

Hi to all.

I was rated 3 years ago at 10% for each limb for peripheral neuropathy. I understand this is considered MILD incomplete paralysis of the nerve. To go to 20% it would have to be considered MODERATE. Does anyone know what the criteria are for a classification of moderate? My symptoms are a lot worse now but I don’t know if I should file for an increase. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dave

Dave,

You can request an EMG test from your doctor.

This is with needles & shocks and measures feeling; it can't be faked.

Good evidence of a worsening condition.

Good luck! smile.png

The VA has diagnosed me with this in both feet. I already had 30% for knees and Patellar Syndrome in the right

Dean,

If you think your condition is getting worst. The way to get VA to increase is to go to private neurology and get Neurophysiological test. Wow thats a long word!

Any way I'm rated from VA 60% PN right leg, 40% left leg, and 10% both hands last year.The condition has worsten since then.

VA also did there test on me and found something that no one else had.That my left leg was 2" smaller than right. I will be on some form of pain med's the rest of my lifewacko.png

I would get the test done and refile if your condition has got worsted.

Good luck

Edited by SP4RVN1971

The VA is doing the EMG test on me April 18. the diagnosis of distal symmetric polyneuropathy was made at my VAMC In early March by the head of neurology at the VAMC. in addition he is Professor and head of the Department of Neurology at our state university medical school and university hospital located in the same city.He is the one that ordered The EMG test and something called NCV, whatever that is.

I have to admit I was pretty dismayed I had no feeling in them. I could see they were concerned when they took that rubber hammer and did not get any reflex action, except in my left elbow.

The VA is doing the EMG test on me April 18. the diagnosis of distal symmetric polyneuropathy was made at my VAMC In early March by the head of neurology at the VAMC. in addition he is Professor and head of the Department of Neurology at our state university medical school and university hospital located in the same city.He is the one that ordered The EMG test and something called NCV, whatever that is.

I have to admit I was pretty dismayed I had no feeling in them. I could see they were concerned when they took that rubber hammer and did not get any reflex action, except in my left elbow.

NCV nerve conduction velocity , looks like your in good hands