• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    freemont

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I will have been on a CPAP come a year Dec. 1st.  As I understand I have to turn my CPAP into my local VAMC, which I assume is to show the actual usage in order to get prescribed for another year of usage. My question is what is VA looking for inside the CPAP besides obviously the conisitent usage, and what actual data is there for them to see and evaluate?  I read somewhere that they can see if your apneas have increased or decreased......is this true?  Has anyone ever actually gone from moderate or severe OSA to no apneas ? If this is true..........I do not understand how it can go lower in apneas when other conditions are still involved like allergies, sinus, deviated septum, etc.?  Just curious what is involved and what is the data is extracted from CPAP.  I do have a claim in for SA as a NOD.  Thanks for any help on this subject.
    • Some DRO's can't read either   I think the veterans claims should be decided at this level and if they were Most claims would be Awarded. It maybe just me but when a veteran has everything it takes to win a claim all the correct evidence & records all in the veteran favor and the rater don't read all of it and then the vet is denied,  Then vet files NOD  for a DRO Hearing (usually) they are other means to how the veteran wants his claim to be decided. Some times DRO Hearings are no good...it maybe just me but I truly think if the DRO don't like the veteran or just don't like his/her looks   they have a denial in mind, because when a veteran proves his case to a DRO and has everything needed for the DRO to make the Right Decision   they don't do that  instead they tell the veteran: ''ok well everything looks good  I will take this back to my desk and I'will read the evidence more and this may take a while so I'll let you know by letter in 60 days or less''  ect,,ect,,  to me that DRO knew he would deny that veteran...then the Appeals process begins a timely process, BVA Journey starts I -9 filed SOC read ect ect,,,  and the wait for a decision that should have already been made....This cost the VA more $$ b/c one day the veteran will win his/her claim  and get a lot of retro paid but what does the veteran do in the mean time....sometimes its to late (vet dies)  but the agony and worry's with the VA is carried on by this veteran family  and this should never happen but it happens everyday at the V A jmo ..........Buck
    • In July of '15, I appealed a denial of service connection for a R shoulder condition. I submitted actual copies of a shoulder injury from my Navy medical record, along with evidence of surgeries in 200 and 2015 done by non-VA doctors. At the same time, I filed for an increase in my cervical spine condition. Of course, nothing has happened yet, but it appears that the VA has lumped the two together as one "appeal." I submitted the paperwork under the direction of my NSO. I'm sure this question has been addressed here periodically, but I'd like a fresh opinion:
       As time goes by, I continue to be treated, tested, injected, etc. for both of these conditions; they are getting worse and worse and the NSO is encouraging me to go for and IU claim, but I still want to try to work. Also recently lost my wife to cancer so i'm the only income anymore. I've been told that submitting additional evidence causes your claim or appeal to go back to the beginning of the process. Is this true? Also, does the VA, when they do get around to looking at my appeal, automatically go through my record and look for information pertaining to my claim? I began using the VA system exclusively last fall, so the new information should be readily at hand. Do I have to go through and pick it out and submit it to them as supporting documentation, or will they find it on their own? If I need to submit, then it goes back to my question above; am I just moving my appeal father away from being considered? Aside from that, I recently got a favorable 10% for tinnitus. I was already at 90% and the new award doesn't push me to 100, but i guess it always helps to document it. Considering a subscription - these ads are a killer and make using the site a lot more confusing to me. Thanks for all the work you do, all of you! Jim
    • They haven't ever given me anything but Lyrica, and that was a fight.  Tricare is the same or worse.  When the "rich kids" started OD'ing on Mommy's pills 10-15 years ago, they started this war.  As usual, the first casualties are those of us that can't afford to go to someone else.
    • Update -9/28/16  I had 26 months of backpay hit the bank, I think it was more exciting  to hear the "IU grant". Life is not fair but it may feel like justice as I "save" that money. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
oldman273

What Happens To Deffered Claims After The Award Is Closed Out?

4 posts in this topic

Hello I am in need of a few answers that have me stumped. I just got a favorable descion back on my claim I got 100% P&T but the other issues were deffered for further work. The issues are tendonitis, aid and attendance, Migraines I was sure I had provided all the evidence they needed. The letter also said the education part Chapter 18 benefits were deffered I am sure it is also something I need to send it

I filled out the kids school information and sent in the forms they asked to fill ot along with some surgical notes the VA needed so I guess I am done for a while. I was so used to sitting on this truckload of stress the silence and the nervous energy I used to deal with all of the time it is like somebody moved out on me. Kind of creepy around here but it is a lot better than it was

I am wondering as well if there is a time limit when the VA will go back and look at these other issues? Reason I ask I am moving here this fall out west and once I figure where I will end up I will let my VARO know.

I appriciate all the advice and help you could offer I should not worry about stuff I have no control over but I worry when I have to interact with the VA. Thanks have a good day

What makes you say that "The Award Is Closed Out"? What does your Rating Decision state? Does it specifically state that issue ________, issue ________, issue _______, etc., are deferred for ______ ?

As for the timeline .... prolly less than a new claim would take but more than you'd like. If you do move before all issues are decided, MAKE SURE THAT THE VA REGIONAL OFFICE HANDLING YOUR CLAIM HAS AN ADDRESS IF THEY NEED TO SEND YOU LETTERS!!! You can also provide a cellphone number, but I'd guess that relatively few attempts to contact anyone by phone are made.

Hello I am in need of a few answers that have me stumped. I just got a favorable descion back on my claim I got 100% P&T but the other issues were deffered for further work. The issues are tendonitis, aid and attendance, Migraines I was sure I had provided all the evidence they needed. The letter also said the education part Chapter 18 benefits were deffered I am sure it is also something I need to send it

I filled out the kids school information and sent in the forms they asked to fill ot along with some surgical notes the VA needed so I guess I am done for a while. I was so used to sitting on this truckload of stress the silence and the nervous energy I used to deal with all of the time it is like somebody moved out on me. Kind of creepy around here but it is a lot better than it was

I am wondering as well if there is a time limit when the VA will go back and look at these other issues? Reason I ask I am moving here this fall out west and once I figure where I will end up I will let my VARO know.

I appriciate all the advice and help you could offer I should not worry about stuff I have no control over but I worry when I have to interact with the VA. Thanks have a good day

I would NOD the decision to defer your claims before a year from the date of your award just to play it safe.

Once you reach 100% P&T, you max out monies and benifit's that you can get.

Only other money can get is SMC for loss of creative organ, or something like that.

These other claim's I would still go after!