VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Denied Ptsd?

Rate this question

AFMedic09

Question

You can find the exact verbage under the "Success" forum. However, my question is this: I was denied for PTSD/depression due to no evidence of current disability. Not sc, no 0% under what they decided on. BUT on another page it says I am sc'd for adjustment disorder with depressed mood for purposes of treatment as I was diagnosed with PTSD/depression in 2001. (joined in 1999) I have never seen any diagnosis of adjustment d/o in my medical records so this must be something the c&p dr said. However, what does this mean? I have not even a 0% rating in my paperwork for this - but I can be seen for it? They gave it to me based on my C&P but denied my claim? Can anyone shine light on what their thinking is and what this means? Should I NOD? I haven't been seen except once since separating, just trying to handle life on my own. I know I need medication- this process is proof of that. I just don't understand what it means? Thanks for any help you can offer.

• Answers 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

Berta - I will try to cover and scan my entire letter so that you can see what I am talking about. Will try to do this on Saturday as I am working until tomorrow morning, and have to be back in at 4pm. Thank you for your time.

Gulfvet45,

You posted,

"Mental health treatment is open to anyone free even if you are not SC."

In many situations I would be in disagreement with this.

Do you have a link to support the above?

• HadIt.com Elder

For a vet to get the benefit of the chronic psychosis manifested within one year of discharge you need to get you butt to the nearest VA and get evaluated and/or admitted. I was so dizzy that I actually went to the VAMC right after I was discharged to get some help. I got admitted and got zero help. However, it showed on my record that I was "treated" and "DX'ed" with a residual psychosis. I had no plan and it was all an accident. If I had waited two years to file my claim I would have been out of luck. Things were a lot different back in 1971, but still the best thing a vet can do is to go to the VA for complete physical upon discharge. This could mean the difference between SC and no SC. I got just 10% but based on that 30 years later I got TDIU.