VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

My Wasted Trip For A Dro Hearing

Rate this question

Jim MAC

Question

Good morning all

Have not been on here for a while. I took a break from my claim and waited for my DRO hearing. The issues were increase for spine now rated at 10 percent increase for sinuius now rated at 10 percent and a origanl claim for headaces (sorry spelling is bad tthis morning.) The last claim was on the percent of disabilty for my cancer had been cut off to early. I thought I had my ducks in a row had a cat scan done by the VAMC showing how bad and blocked my sinuis were I had copies of my FMLA paperwork filled out by a VA doctor for my back showing the limits I am under.

Let me set a back story a little these clams are from January 2008. In March of this year I received a notice to go for my C+P exam. I drove the 40 mins there and the only issue the Doctor wanted to talk about was the disfigurment of my face. He took pictures measured scares and a few questions and 10 minuites latter I am done. When I asked about my spine and sinuis he said he was not told to due any of that.

So Tuesday I drive 5 and 1/2 hours to Roanoke to meet with my DAV rep before the hearing. Lo and behold the DAV rep informs me that the only thing the DRO is able to due is rate me on my disfigurment today and that I would have to have a C+P exam for the rest of my issues. My DAV rep informned me that she had tried to call me and save me the trip but that the number they had on file is wrong (guess they never heard of the phone book or the internet to look up a phone number.) I due blame myself because I did change my cell number and that is the only number they had for me. I due have a home phone number and it is listed. Then my DAV rep gave me great news and said that the DRO was ready to rate my disfigurment and change the percent from 30 to 50 If I agreed but the date would be on March 17 the day of my C+P exam. There would be no retro. I said yes for two reason this would bring me to 90 percent in VA math and as far as the retro goes when I win my other claim I will get the retro back anyway. I agreed to this only if they sent me a statement of case so I can start getting paid now. So after almost 4 1/2 years to get to a DRO hearing its a waiting game again.

I due honestly beleived the DAV rep did the best she could due for me and as I told my wife when I start getting paid for the 90 percent I will send her and her husband a gift card for Lone star steak house.

The only thing that made me mad is that you think the DRO would have orderd all C+Ps exam at the same time. Also how does a scar and disfigurment get worse after 4 years.The thing that made me happy is I never expected and increase in the disafgurment just different effective dates all in all I guess the DRO made me 90 percent happy.

I keep you all in the loop

Jim

PS The VA motto Delay, Delay, Delay another 1000 vets will die today

• Answers 0
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet