VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Would It Be Reasonable?

Rate this question

oddairman

Question

I am on my way to go see Nero for a follow-up visit. I suffer from Migraines and from that I am receiving 30%. My rating said it did not warrant a 50% rating because they were not that bad. I want to file a not I didn’t agree with them then or now. I am going to file a notice of disagreement; but they only want new documentation. I have migraines all of the time and the meds that they have been on I can’t drive on more less try to even work. They are prostrating, on my knees. I have been hospitalized 2 times since I have gotten my rating. Is it reasonable to ask a Dr. to write down that I can’t work on medications and that my migraines are getting worse.

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

BLUF: Yes, as long as you haven't already provided details. I'm at 50% just for migraines and it took a bit of work to get there. I document everything, so I had that. I also had my calendar from work that documented my days out and my sick leave taken. My wife also wrote a statement re: the impact the migraines and meds had on the family. Sad, but it worked. Do you have specifics re: what you've already submitted?

Get help compiling your stuff. I had my wife review it (I'm scattered at times) for completeness and "makes sense". Don't wait too long, though - the longer you wait, the longer it takes. What documentation do you have?

right now I have my medication lsiting, my notes from nero, I can get some letter from old co-workers and family and the dates and discharge notes from when I was in the hospital.

right now I have my medication lsiting, my notes from nero, I can get some letter from old co-workers and family and the dates and discharge notes from when I was in the hospital.

You will need medical evidence and some sort of showing that your

occupational abilities (financial) have been impacted due to the HA's

and it wouldn't hurt for the Neuro doc to also address the limitations

medications to treat the HA's, impose upon your employment.

JMHO

8100 Migraine:

With very frequent completely prostrating and prolonged attacks productive of severe economic inadaptability . . 50

With characteristic prostrating attacks occurring on an average once a month over last several months . . 30

I will check the notes from yesterday. Currently I dont have a job.

When you do your Migraine Journal what do you include do you type it? I know when I get a migraine trying to write or type sucks.