VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dr Bash Ime Timeframe?

Rate this question

TexasCop

Question

just wondering what the general time frame is for an IME from Dr Bash & his assistant Mr Brown. I'm sure they are swamped these days. I did as Berta suggested and wrote a nice precise cover leter and spent months putting a chronological medical document folder together and sent it off almost 6 months ago.

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

just wondering what the general time frame is for an IME from Dr Bash & his assistant Mr Brown. I'm sure they are swamped these days. I did as Berta suggested and wrote a nice precise cover leter and spent months putting a chronological medical document folder together and sent it off almost 6 months ago.

Contact his office with the question.

JMHO

WOW- his first IMO I got took only about 2 weeks.Same for the second one too.

My cover letter and the tabbed med recs should make any IMO go faster then this.

Have you called him to see the status?

He and John are certainly swamped I bet, but still- you should email him or give him a call.

This seems way to long.

WOW- his first IMO I got took only about 2 weeks.Same for the second one too.

My cover letter and the tabbed med recs should make any IMO go faster then this.

Have you called him to see the status?

He and John are certainly swamped I bet, but still- you should email him or give him a call.

This seems way to long.

berta & carlie, i will call him. i text'd and emailed awhile back, no reply. yes, i thought putting it all in nice tabbed, notated folder would help it go a bit faster. i'll call them. thanks

i need to update this in case anyone new reads this and before i go take a nap and forget. i'm really fatigued & stressed.

Dr Bash and his colleague did get back to me in a quick manner and took care of business in a professional way.

my own head's time frame sometimes isn't understanding of other's, though it's good to send a smoke signal so those working on your behalf don't loose you n the volume of work.

he has always come through and been precise with my medical records and puts the correct contrast to the VA's version to put things balanced. at least for me that is the case. and thats what veterans need with regard to some of the non-sense the VA writes to undermine the veteran.

and how many veterans deserving of their benefits don't get it due to not knowing ... ?

Something must have changed recently. I paid Dr. Bash in March. Twice I've had to send him a photocopy of the check with his signature so he'll believe I've paid him. I went to Maryland (from Texas) for an IME and gave him my medical records. He wanted me to have additional xrays taken, which I did. When he received them, he had no idea who I was, asked if he had my medical records and if I'd paid his fee yet. Something is going on with Dr. Bash right now and it looks like I just had the bad luck of asking for an IMO at a bad time.

His associate John Dorle, on the other hand, has been WONDERFUL.