VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Value Of Imo

Rate this question

shwebb

Question

I was just wanting to know the experiences of others who had Ime's done and their. I am currently rated at 50%. I filed for TDIU. They sent me for a C&P with QTC psychologist. He stated " veterans problem causes mild to moderate impairment. veteran may have some difficulty working with public, but should be able to work with co-workers". He also States "veteran is prone to isolate and has a very definite element of hysteria and assigned a gaf of 65.

I decided to get IME's so I paid for 2. The first one said " this is assessed to include deficiences in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, and/or mood and gave a gaf of 41.

The 2nd one stated " service connected diagnosis and disability 100% panic disorder with agoraphobia and also assigned a gaf of 41"

Are the 2 IME's enough to help with the QTC exam to overide for a TDIU decision?

Thanks

Edited by shwebb
  • Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

To answer cooter's questions

1. I was rated 50% for panic disorder with agoraphobia with anxiety and derealisation and have filed for increase and TDIU

2. I have filed as secondary hypertension and have had a QTC eval for it and it showed hypertension with mild congestive heart failure. I don't know yet whether the Dr. connected it to my anxiety and panic, but one of my ime's did

3. My case is at the raters right now so I will wait until they make a decision before doing anything else.

To answer Berta

1. The claim is with the raters now.

2. one is a pschologist and has done many ime's for PTSD for veterans for the VA. The 2nd one was done by the Ellis clinic

3. My original question was would these 2 ime's in the experience of others be enough to counter the one from QTC

Thanks for everyones answers.

You guys help keep everyones hopes up with your info

• HadIt.com Elder

Not many know what derealization and depersonalization mean. They are symptoms of dissociative disorder. I had them after a terrific shock I got in Vietnam. The army did not even acknowledge these problems. They said I had a personality disorder. I told them everything looked like it was part of a movie set and that the world had turned grey and colorless. They said I was just malingering.

The only way to really tell about your IME's is to wait for the decision. If it is a bad decision get the IME's to do autopsy on it and rebutt everything QTC quack says. That is how I did it. I had IME's before and after decisions. Use the mistakes the VA makes as ammunition to blow them out of the water. The VA doctors used to just ask me two questions at exams: 1. Do you hear voices 2. Are you working.

"3. My original question was would these 2 ime's in the experience of others be enough to counter the one from QTC "

In my opinion, probably, if they contain a full medical rationale

but in my experience with VA, I would wait for the decision as John said.

I had 3 IMOs for my DMII death claim.

My RO refused to read them.

I was overjoyed when that claim went to the BVA.

The BVA is fully literate. I won.

Thanks for thr replies

John you are absolutely right. I have had severe derealisation for 40 yrs. For many years I thought I was the only person in the world who had it, didn't even know what it was called until the internet call along and I was able to see other people did have it and I wasn't the only one that had it. I have had it 7/24 for the last 40 yrs.

Thanks

• HadIt.com Elder

Shwebb

Stay with us and when you get your decision post the "reasons and basis" so we can look at it. This is the time to get your IMO to rebut what the VA has said including lies, misinterpretations, revisions other sleezy VA tricks. Do you have a private treating doctor. Have you ever used any medications for the problems you are having. I was self-medicating and you know why before I got

access to a real doctor outside the army.

Hello John

I will keep posted as this goes on. No I see a VA psychiatrist and psychologist. I have been on medications since 1971 and have been an about every anti-depressant and anti-anxiety available. I am now on remeron, xanax, seroquil and ambien for sleep. I do and have self-medicated in the past.

Edited by shwebb

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use