VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Value Of Imo

Rate this question

shwebb

Question

I was just wanting to know the experiences of others who had Ime's done and their. I am currently rated at 50%. I filed for TDIU. They sent me for a C&P with QTC psychologist. He stated " veterans problem causes mild to moderate impairment. veteran may have some difficulty working with public, but should be able to work with co-workers". He also States "veteran is prone to isolate and has a very definite element of hysteria and assigned a gaf of 65.

I decided to get IME's so I paid for 2. The first one said " this is assessed to include deficiences in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, and/or mood and gave a gaf of 41.

The 2nd one stated " service connected diagnosis and disability 100% panic disorder with agoraphobia and also assigned a gaf of 41"

Are the 2 IME's enough to help with the QTC exam to overide for a TDIU decision?

Thanks

Edited by shwebb
  • Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hello

I was denied for tdiu and high blood pressure as secondary to panic attacks and anxiety and that has gone to the BVA in DC. I have an attorney handling that. I have also had IBS and diverticulitis for years and had about 18 inches of my colon taken out about 2 months ago and because of all the stomach problems I have had for many years because of the severe anxiety, I have filed it as secondary to my service connected disabilities of agoraphobia. panic attacks, anxiety and derealisation and that is at the varo.

Thanks

Steve

• HadIt.com Elder

Shwebb

Your complex of symptoms sounds like dissociative disorder. This is a disorder very much like PTSD. It is usually brought on by shock and high fear and stress. The fact you have derealization is a good indicator. When I told my VA shrink I had the symptoms degrealization and depersonalization back in 1972 they just wrote down "Chronic Schizophrenia". I told a doctor in Vietnam about those symptoms and they said I had a personality disorder and should be kicked out. I was not kicked out then but suffered the rest of my tour and another year before I cracked up. Then they kicked me out.

These VA and military doctors are primative jerks.

John

I hope the best for you and your awaiting decision from the VA.

There is currently an on-going investigation with a certain doctor in this area. Each veteran that is sent to him comes back with the same IMO for the diagnosed disability in question. Word spreads in the military community and a lot of vets want referrals to go see this doc.

I hope that the allegations are un-founded, however if they are founded, VA has stated that each vet that has seen him will receive another evaluation. This could turn out to be a big mess.

Uncle Sam has stopped doing referals to him until the VA IG concludes their investigation.

Has anyone else experienced or witnessed anything like this?

Hello meghp0405

The doctor I saw for QTC initials are G. M. in Tulsa The independent Dr. I saw for an IME initaials are Dr. M. S. and he said he did a lot of IME's for Vets for ptsd he is a psychologist and I had another IME done at the Ellis clinic and they are both in OKC

Is it any of these. thanks

shwebb

Edited by shwebb
  • HadIt.com Elder

I know good IME doctors in Tampa, Florida. One was an ex-VA shrink, but I doubt she is still in practice but these shrinks keep going until they are 90 years old so maybe. The IME she did for me was like a daisy cutter. It blew VA opinions into leaf matter.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use