VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Value Of Imo

Rate this question

shwebb

Question

I was just wanting to know the experiences of others who had Ime's done and their. I am currently rated at 50%. I filed for TDIU. They sent me for a C&P with QTC psychologist. He stated " veterans problem causes mild to moderate impairment. veteran may have some difficulty working with public, but should be able to work with co-workers". He also States "veteran is prone to isolate and has a very definite element of hysteria and assigned a gaf of 65.

I decided to get IME's so I paid for 2. The first one said " this is assessed to include deficiences in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, and/or mood and gave a gaf of 41.

The 2nd one stated " service connected diagnosis and disability 100% panic disorder with agoraphobia and also assigned a gaf of 41"

Are the 2 IME's enough to help with the QTC exam to overide for a TDIU decision?

Thanks

Edited by shwebb
  • Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Hi- This is my first post. I put in a claim in 2011 for ptsd, and 9 others issues I had while in service. My rating came back in january 2013 for 30% ptsd. No SC for anything else. I'm so upset and confused as what to do next.

The reason for my post is to get feedback on what to do next. Do I need a IMO or what, here's what the VA had to say and this is how it reads: the examiner further opined that you have co-morbid diagnoses of major depression, pain disorder with physiological and psychological features. they opined that you have a long standing pattern of dysfunctional relationships and coping as well as the possibility of exaggeration of symptoms, which is validated by psychological testing. As a result, they opined your previous examination by Dr xxxxx are more likely not accurate and grossly underestimate your functioning. They also assigned a GAF of 63.

I live in the Tampa area, I need help.

Thanks,

cc5555

• HadIt.com Elder

I know three doctors in Tampa who might be able to help. Send me a message and I will give you their names. Bring your SMR's and current medical records so they can at least say they saw them and reviewed them.

WELL,

I wrote a small note to my Cardiologist Dr. and took it to his office this morning. I just got a phone call from his nurse and she said that that office does not fill out or write anything for the VA. And there will be NO IMO from his office. Man I am so PO . I told them I needed that IMO to submit to the VA for TDIU and explain what that meant. Sorry that all I got. I think need a new heart DR.

ANY suggestions as where or what I need to do now?

thanks,

old dog handler

• HadIt.com Elder

Or find a heart doctor who will see you a couple of times and do a real IMO/IME. Maybe your doctor can send you to one of his pals (good old boy MD network) who does IMO's. My old VA doctor sent me to a pal of his who worked as private doctor and I got an IMO.

If this does not work get a new heart doctor who will cooperate with you. That's what I would do.

John yours and my brain wave are running in the same directions. I thinking of doing just that. I do like my Heart Dr. but I need that IMO, so I will do some reserach and ask a lot of question who has good Heart Dr.and, are willing to help me out.

Thanks,

anyone have any suggestions?

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use