VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Value Of Imo

Rate this question

shwebb

Question

I was just wanting to know the experiences of others who had Ime's done and their. I am currently rated at 50%. I filed for TDIU. They sent me for a C&P with QTC psychologist. He stated " veterans problem causes mild to moderate impairment. veteran may have some difficulty working with public, but should be able to work with co-workers". He also States "veteran is prone to isolate and has a very definite element of hysteria and assigned a gaf of 65.

I decided to get IME's so I paid for 2. The first one said " this is assessed to include deficiences in most areas, such as work, school, family relations, judgement, thinking, and/or mood and gave a gaf of 41.

The 2nd one stated " service connected diagnosis and disability 100% panic disorder with agoraphobia and also assigned a gaf of 41"

Are the 2 IME's enough to help with the QTC exam to overide for a TDIU decision?

Thanks

Edited by shwebb
  • Answers 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Next time your in ask the Doctor about this, I wouldn't let a secretary gate keep me from asking the question.

Or ask the secretary a follow up question something like, do you ever fill out opinions for social security, disability insurance programs, or Americans with Disabilities Act forms?? If they answer yes then inform them it is a similar situation. If they continue to persist with a no they won't do it. Ask for the policy in writting. If they ask why, indicate it will be helpful when you are talking the local news channel, your lawyer or lobbying for legislation(pick one)! I really don't know that I personally would do the last part, who really wants a forced opinon out of someone, but make them think about what they are telling you.

Thanks guys for the suggestions. I do have an appointment in Aprilat which time I will ask the question direct to him, and with the follow up questions that you have mention.

Hello

Succsess or not ???/

As stated in an earlier post I had surgery for diverticulitis in Oct. 2012. I filed for diverticulitis and IBS as secondary to panic attacks and anxiety. On Ebenefits it went to preparation for notifification today. This is what it said before it went to preparation for notification.

Contentions: diverticulitis (New), irritable bowel syndrome (New),

This is what it said after it went to preparation for notification today

Contentions: diverticulitis (New), irritable bowel syndrome (New), Iu (New)

They added the IU. I did not request IU for the diverticulitis and IBS

Also for about the last 4 or 5 days the box for Permanent & Total Disability in benefits explorer ahs been checked. It wasn't before.

I do have an appeal filed and is at the BVA for IU as secondary to agoraphobia, panic attacks and anxiety.

Does this look like they may have given me IU for the Diverticulitis and IBS.

Thanks for any help

Steve

Edited by shwebb

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use