VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Went To Get Med Docs Today.

Rate this question

oddairman

Question

So I went to the VA to get a copy of the medical records of my appointments so that I can file my NOD. I read the progress notes and I am PISSED off. First off I don’t remember saying ¼ of this mess that is on the progress notes. And they also think that I have a flat mood every time I see them. I’m not flat! They think Im not complying with the meds. I’m sorry after taking medication that makes you so dizzy you cant stand up. Yes I am discontinuing it! I’m not going to deal with 6 weeks of being a zombie and bubble guts to know something if something is going to work or not. Ughhhh. I got a migraine just reading that mess.

Do I need to get an IMO? Im trying to get the rating uped from 30% to 50%,

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

• HadIt.com Elder

Sometimes you can find the reason to up your rating in your medical records but the sure way is to get a Doc's opinin that would warrant it.

Pete 53

I just ready your words in blue! They rock!

Your claim is your responsibility to manage.

Don't depend on a Service Officer to meet deadlines or even file a proper claim. You have to double check and verify that all requirements are met. The VA shows no mercy for failure to follow their regulations

When i was an inpatient for 6 months, ina bed, I shared the room with 3 others, 4 total including me,, I saw lots of vets who were inpatients, who declined meds fromt doctors and nurses, and it was very common.. I took everything they asked or told me to take.. no matter what.. I did not want to paly doctor with myslef, and did not my records to have anything negative about what I did or didn't do.. I complied with all doctors orders.... so if at some date, the morons who do the claims look for somenting ot use against me, there is nothing to use against me..

So I went to the VA to get a copy of the medical records of my appointments so that I can file my NOD. I read the progress notes and I am PISSED off. First off I don’t remember saying ¼ of this mess that is on the progress notes. And they also think that I have a flat mood every time I see them. I’m not flat! They think Im not complying with the meds. I’m sorry after taking medication that makes you so dizzy you cant stand up. Yes I am discontinuing it! I’m not going to deal with 6 weeks of being a zombie and bubble guts to know something if something is going to work or not. Ughhhh. I got a migraine just reading that mess.

A claimant is not REQUIRED to take medications.

If your issue is for mental health, the following evaluations are the only ones

that mention medications in the criteria.

Occupational and social impairment due to mild or transient symptoms which decrease work efficiency and ability to perform occupational tasks only during periods of significant stress, or; symptoms controlled by continuous medication

10 percent

A mental condition has been formally diagnosed, but symptoms are not severe enough either to interfere with occupational and social functioning or to require continuous medication.

0 percent