VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo & Dr Bash

Rate this question

TexasCop

Question

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something I learn about Dr Bash today i got a call from him about I need an medical

opinion to help establish an early effective date of IU and that he can help with this for a lot less than the what the attorney

is charging if we win about 45 grand different. He even said he & his assistant would represent me at hearing & BVA if necessary no

extra charge. He is really a nice guy my first time speaking with him took about an hour. He says I don't need a lawyer he will help me

with everything the IMO & be at hearing he and his assistant must be an advocate. I have read good and bad but I was impress with

him he also email me some of his opinions he has written looks good. Question? for those who have use him were you satisfied with his

work & do you think he can help me ?. One more can you drop an attorney and will you have to pay him anything? Thanks a lot

I have heard nothing but great outcomes with his work. He wouldn't bother with your claim if he thought you didn't have a chance. Now as far as your Lawyer goes, it would probably depend how your agreement with him/her is written. Hopefully he'll only charge what he/she has already done so far.

Coot

Cooter is right-

It depends n the fee agreement.

As to Dr. Bash- I am very well satisfied with 2 IMOs he did for me years ago.

I sent him a brief email in 2005 as to what I wanted and mentioned some of the evidence I had.

Within days he emailed me back with support for the claim based on what I had.

I sent him the check along with a cover letter and the medical evidence and med recs etc.

He prepared the first IMO while he was vacationing and it was done very quickly.

The second IMO too was excellent.

By that time VA had a bogus opinion he could easily knock down.

He has been a guest at out SVR broadcasts here recently with John, the excellent advocate he works with.

These shows can be listened to by clicking on the show icon in the SVR archives here via your media player.

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something I learn about Dr Bash today i got a call from him about I need an medical

opinion to help establish an early effective date of IU and that he can help with this for a lot less than the what the attorney

is charging if we win about 45 grand different. One more can you drop an attorney and will you have to pay him anything? Thanks a lot

1) The rating decision in question - that awarded IU - is dated what?

The effective date VBA assigned to your grant of IU is what?

In the Reasons and Bases Section - EXACTLY what is stated in regards to IU

and the effective date assigned?

In what way are you in hopes, that a new medical opinion will now warrant an

earlier effective date for IU?

2) IMO - if you have contracted with a lawyer/firm for representation and you decide

to terminate this agreement, your contract probably states something in the fine print

that basically states you will be responsible for any incurred expenses and hourly

billing for any work/action that has been done.

1) The rating decision in question - that awarded IU - is dated what? 8-2010

The effective date VBA assigned to your grant of IU is what? 4-2009

In the Reasons and Bases Section - EXACTLY what is stated in regards to IU

and the effective date assigned? nothing but this is when my percentages was on rated at 40% + 30

In what way are you in hopes, that a new medical opinion will now warrant an

earlier effective date for IU? We are trying to show that I have not been able to be gainfully employed since 2002 even if the percentages was not what is require for IU (40+30) at that time. Also SSDI for same sc disability since 2002 and a doctor opinion is on file but not written in VA language the way they like it.Back then i knew nothing about filing for comp so I didn't know, but it did not give a rationale for the opinion. If Dr Bash can review the file and agree with my doctor & ssdi that I was or have been unemployable from my sc disabilities since 2002 then we might have a chance.

2) IMO - if you have contracted with a lawyer/firm for representation and you decide

to terminate this agreement, your contract probably states something in the fine print

that basically states you will be responsible for any incurred expenses and hourly

billing for any work/action that has been done.

Edited by tmoe

tmoe,

When did you submit your 21-8940?

carlie,2004, 2006,2008 but none is in the records until 2009 but i file one with every claim I file. Here is a catch we find 2 decision were it was denied in 2005 that has been in appeals that just fell off the records

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use