VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Imo & Dr Bash

Rate this question

TexasCop

Question

Hello everyone, just wanted to share something I learn about Dr Bash today i got a call from him about I need an medical

opinion to help establish an early effective date of IU and that he can help with this for a lot less than the what the attorney

is charging if we win about 45 grand different. He even said he & his assistant would represent me at hearing & BVA if necessary no

extra charge. He is really a nice guy my first time speaking with him took about an hour. He says I don't need a lawyer he will help me

with everything the IMO & be at hearing he and his assistant must be an advocate. I have read good and bad but I was impress with

him he also email me some of his opinions he has written looks good. Question? for those who have use him were you satisfied with his

work & do you think he can help me ?. One more can you drop an attorney and will you have to pay him anything? Thanks a lot

Philgrenier:

I'm not sure about the outcome of my claim but I just wanted to be very prepared in case I needed to have an IMO? From what I've read Dr Bash is one of the best in the country. I was thinking around 2K but this is much higher than I thought but I can see where the case complexity dictates the costs of the work? Also, I hear that he is very busy and supply and demand are an issue as well. It's tough to find experts that also understand the disability system as well as the lingo that goes along with stating ones case. I have solid evidence and a lot of it but I'm learng that that it is no gurantee at this point. I guess when I get to that point I can lay the facts out to Dr Bash and see where it goes from there. I dropped my VSO because the one that I had was more of an intacke "clerk" and was not aware of what was going on with my case at all. I don't think it's fair to lead Vets to believe that someone can do a job that's as important as a VSO, but is not trained to do the job?

like Ive said before, you can spend 20 years learning how to fight the va, or hire someone who already has. You can still be and should be proactive in your claim but by bringing in an expert, you wont get the wool pulled over your eyes, or make an irrepairable error. Theres too much at stake to lose. Because were broken . crippled or crazy, this is now our livelyhood.

I think my fees to Dr. Bash would have been much higher, if I had not laid out the evidence quite well when he did my IMO.

I prepared a complete cover letter with references to the medical evidence and tabbed everything.

But he didn't need to review SMRs in my case , and that saved him time. Also this was in 2005. ( 2 IMos , $4,000)

Handwritten SMRs can take a lot of time.to go through .I spent a few hours every day for almost 3 weeks trying to decipher an Army vet's SMRs.many years ago.His private doc agreed with my assessment and prepared a free IMO for him.

The vet won.

But that is what IMO docs are for. They are available these days on the net.

Dr Bash can sometimes make a fast assessment, I think maybe John Dorle does that for him, but still, he will read every single thing he can regarding the SMRS, and the VA med recs.

He assessed my claim by email and a brief phone call.,saying, if I had what I had emailed him I had, "this was a good case"

I had what I emailed I had and I also had plenty more.

Fast assessment but he was quite thorough, even finding another potential 1151, when he went through all of the records.

No one however can perform a miracle. No lawyer, and no IMO doctor.

Both of these entities deal solely with established medical evidence.

It could even be what appears as a minor, inconsequential entry or notation in SMRs or med recs, or even hard to decipher unless one knows medical acronyms.

As claimants we can often overlook critical stuff.

Yesterday, while getting some stuff together ( I called the OGC and they gave me the email addy of one of their lawyers who ordered VA to pay me something years ago, they didnt want to pay, as they needed to assess my situation at VACO....they are involved in that...due to the bogus denial I got last week)

I found another Peer Review VA had done on my husband...that supported my FTCA case.....

I cant imagine how I overlooked this one....it seemed to come from my CUE against Phila RO that they resolved in 3 weeks in 2012.I think maybe I obtained it from the NVLSP lawyer. (Nehmer claim)

I was shocked I had ignored it but then again, once Nehmer claim was over, I was so exhausted I put the VA crapola away for many months.

It is always worth while to try to get even a family member to help you go over your records.

They can see things maybe we cant, because this stuff gets overwhelming.

But still, if you need an IMO and/or a lawyer, that is the best bet .of all to get someone to review all of your evidence and med recs, etc etc. and well worth the price, if the claim is valid..

Edited by Berta

I happen to work at NIH and he lives around the Bethesda area. I had a two hour exam with Doctor Bash. He loves lots of documentation as it makes a stronger case.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use