VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Aide & Attendance

roses15534

My father was approved for aide and attendance for 384.00 monthly on June 13 this year The VA received the paperwork on 31 may so 13 days for approval was fast we did everything you said on the site to do return receipt, letter requesting speedy approval we did it all thank you. In the packet that was sent to him it mentioned something about being able to claim going back a year as well anyone ever hear of this?And they sent the following forms

VA Form 21-0516-1

VA Form 21P-8416

VA Form 21-2680

VA Form 21-4138

These forms are what we just sent in to get his approval do we need to submit the same thing again or what? They would not be much different then what was already submitted. I guess the main concern is the doctors form the VA has been seeing him for a few months prior to the approval so should they fill it out again or should his previous doctor fill it out also would a witness statement form work as well from my sister who is his provider? What if the previous doctor will not fill it out? We only have 60 days to get this done according to the letter. He was also found incompetent for VA purposes so does my sister need to file to be his Fiduciary?

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Congrats and thanks for helping your Dad. If you have copies of those forms make them. If your sister has power of attorney make sure you give a copy to VARO and ask them to appoint her as fiduciary and for back pay as sent by the VA. They often use boiler plate notice to cover their butts and not helpful to Veterans.

Good Luck

• 2 months later...

My father was approved for aide and attendance for 384.00 monthly on June 13 this year The VA received the paperwork on 31 may so 13 days for approval was fast we did everything you said on the site to do return receipt, letter requesting speedy approval we did it all thank you. In the packet that was sent to him it mentioned something about being able to claim going back a year as well anyone ever hear of this?And they sent the following forms

VA Form 21-0516-1

VA Form 21P-8416

VA Form 21-2680

VA Form 21-4138

These forms are what we just sent in to get his approval do we need to submit the same thing again or what? They would not be much different then what was already submitted. I guess the main concern is the doctors form the VA has been seeing him for a few months prior to the approval so should they fill it out again or should his previous doctor fill it out also would a witness statement form work as well from my sister who is his provider? What if the previous doctor will not fill it out? We only have 60 days to get this done according to the letter. He was also found incompetent for VA purposes so does my sister need to file to be his Fiduciary?

that monetary figure doesn't sound correct. was it for pension or compensation? i received a&a with my pension and my increase was more than $384.00. i am currently awaiting a decision for a&a with my disability compensation. thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

it was for pension it didnt sound right to me either but what do we do now we are now waiting for retro decision for a year prior? I understand it goes off your income and bank accounts but they dont have much mom and dad draw social security and dad has a small pension of around 150.00 a month and maybe 8-10k in the bank.

To get "no copay"/low copay meds you need to go to your VAMC where they will fill out a annual needs form and they will ask you questions about income. I think you get no copay whenever the Veteran is rated 50% or higher, without a "needs" check. You would also need to get meds at the VA. I am unaware of the VA paying any portion of the copayment on meds except those you get from the VAMC.