VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Qtc Exam

Rate this question

vet12

Question

I hope I posted in the right section. I have several questions.I received a copy of my QTC Exam.

The doctor stated "I have reviewed the conflicting medical evidence and am providing the following opinion. It is at least equally likely as not that the patient's current ......... is resultant from military related ........." He also said"The claimed condition was at least as likely as not (50 percent or greater probability) incurred in or caused by the claimed in-service injury, event, or illness."

In my opinion this is very positive for me.

A few years back, I had asked for unemployablity. Of course I was turned down because my other claims was turned down and I wasn't at 70%. However if the above condition is approved, I would go over 70%. Would the VA automatically consider me as not being able to work or do I have to request it again?

The doctor also stated in the QTC Exam, "Does the Veteran's ............ impact his or her ability to work?

Yes".

Thanks for any opinions.

vet12

• Answers 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

3 answers to this question

It IS very positive.

I hope the actual nexus has been established.

When a vet gets to 70% the VA will infer TDIU and then send them the TDIU form.

However,I think most vets, in your situation should file the TDIU form themselves ASAP! It is here -21-8940 under a search for TDIU form.

It could take VA months more to send you the TDIU form and this would cause a loss of months of TDIU retro unless you file it now, send it to them with proof of mailing, and first go over the TDIU form advise here for the best way to prepare this form.

If you have a current SSDI award solely for the SC conditions, that will be good evidence also for TDIU (Check the appropriate Box for that on the 21-8940- form and then elaborate on that under "Remarks".,question # 25. SSDI awards solely for SC can sometimes generate a better EED that the usual TDIU EED (the date the form was signed)

Edited by Berta

Berta,

I have attorneys working on another old claim. They are working on 100%. This claim goes back a number of years.I had originally asked for TDIU back then but never filed Form 21-8940.

If I file 21-8940 now, will that interfere in anyway with my old claim?

Thanks,

vet12

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use