VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Fibromyalgia

Rate this question

flyfisher

Question

I just recently was told by my provider that I have fibromyalgia with the onset caused by my PTSD. Can I file for that as secondary to my PTSD? Has anyone had any expierence in filing for fibromyalgia secondary to PTSD? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Answers 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

your doctor or PA does not know what they are talking about. The is no known cause to fibromyalgia, but depression is a secondary issue to the fibromyalgia. So are head aches and IBS. You need to go to a Rheumatologist and get a true DX. They have to do the right number of tender point checks in the right spots using the right amount of force. Most C&P are done with someone not trained to do the test and do not know anything about FM. get to the Rheumatologist and make sure to have a good DX first, then file a claim under 3.317.

since you are a gulf war vet you have until 2016 for the symptoms to show, that you have now. after that you can file they claim at any point down the road.

your doctor or PA does not know what they are talking about. The is no known cause to fibromyalgia, but depression is a secondary issue to the fibromyalgia. So are head aches and IBS. You need to go to a Rheumatologist and get a true DX.

While IBS is often found to coexist with FMS, IBS is a separate medical condition, which is why it is listed separately as one of the presumptive conditions of GW service. A veteran diagnosed with both need to claim them as separate s/c conditions.

And regardless of what the CFR says in rating FMS (20% for episodic and 40% for chronic), you need to push and argue for 40% because all the medical literature to date clearly identifies FMS as a chronic condition, period!

Cite the medical literature in your written statement in support of your claim, and learn about FMS so you can better communicate it to the C&P examiner.

Edited by Troy Spurlock

Your profile says 90%

If you are not working, why not apply for TDIU based on the 90-% SCs you have now.

There is plenty of info here at hadit on how to fill out the TDIU form.

Just found out my claim for Fibromyalgia has been granted but I dont know yet the percentage. They saying right now that my claim bruxism and headaches are deferred even though it is the last phase before the claim is closed and info mailed.

Edited by flyfisher

Congrats on the fibromyalgia! I'm getting ready to file for it myself. I'm being sent to a rheomatologist and started on gabapentim. I have been screening the site and not seeing too many victories for it. Your win is promising! Glad you got it.