VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Does Anyone Have Any Idea What Development Letter Sent Means?

Rate this question

Inthewind

Question

My claim was closed yesterday and in eBenefits in updates it says:

Appeal is Possible

Decision Notification Sent

Development Letter Sent <------ Does anyone know what this letter is included for? What it may say, or it's purpose?

I've done some searching on HADIT but every mention is just text copy pasted into a paragraph not Germaine to asking what the letter means/says.

So, if anyone has one, or has recently seen one I'd be greatful if you could post a small brief explanation.

I went from 50% to 100% P&T.

Thanks!

Just did a quick read, did you say anything about your Direct Deposit Account getting Retro Deposit yet?

01/03/16, went on my E-Ben site for my yearly 100% IU T & P Confirmation Letter, to file for the yrly MI DAV Property Tax Exemption.

Much to my surprise, the Confirmation page now showed I was 100% Scheduler T & P and receiving $354?.00 per mos instead of the $31??.00 that was actually deposited 01/01/16. The Retro from the 12/15/15 Quality Control Award, hit my bank account about 2 weeks later.

If E-Ben now shows your at 100%, don't sweat the Development Letter Deal, just be sure your Direct Deposit Account is set to Txt/Email you in real-time regarding all Financial Transactions.

Swmper Fi

Have you had any C & P exams yet?

You should use ebenefits and/or IRIS to see if there, in fact, is any status at all.

VA is slow  and I assume you have USPS proof that they received the claim.

Just google ebenefits to enroll there.

For IRIS go to www.va.gov and click on the "Contact us" thing, then click on Ask a question.

Ask for an email reply and not a phone call reply. To get hard copy of what they say.

Or you can call Peggy ( the 1-800-827-1000 VA phone number.)