77 posts in this topic

My C&P exam records show that the doctor listed me as homebound. Do I have to still apply for homebound or could I be awarded that when a decision is made on my claim without ever applying for it?

Housebound is listed under special monthly compensation S scale

You either meet the percentage requriements or are housebound.

The RO will most likely ignore it.

I am homebound which is why the doctor stated that in my records. If I dont meet the percentage requirements is it possible to still get homebound rating because of my records even though I didnt apply for homebound?

Youre saying the VA does ignore some C&P exam records?

My nexus letter and C&P exam states that I am homebound.

My nexus letter and C&P exam states that I am homebound.

It's obvious you have a claim in for VBA benefit issues or a

C&P exam would not have been scheduled.

At this point your profile shows zero percent of SC.

The criteria for housebound (SMC - S) is SC at total plus 60 percent

and there are a couple of other things that might help get it too,

although not done very often.

What issues do you currently have claims in for SC ?

Please copy & paste exactly what your "nexus letter and C&P exam"

state and better answers / guidance can be provided.

Do not post something personal like name, claim #, SSA #, address, etc...

I had my exam but I have not recieved a letter with the decision yet is why I am still at 0 percent.

PTSD chronic and unremitting

Panic disorder with agorophobia

Social alienation, housebound, limited access to healthcare

Unable to leave home unless for extreme cases

Occupational and social impairment with deficiencies in most areas

The 2 mental disorder can not be differentiated because the 2 mental disorder developed at same time

All of the top boxes are checked for the criteria used for establishing PTSD except for burst of anger. 20 boxes checked

Symtoms listed as .. depressed mood, aniety, suspiciousness, panic attacks that occur weekly or less often, near continuous panic or depression affecting the ability to function independently, appropriately and effectively.

Chronic speep impairment

Memory loss for names, relatives, ownoccupation or own name

Disturbances of motivation and mood

Difficulty in establishing and maintaining effective work and social relationships

Inability to maintain effective relationships

Suicidal ideation

DIfficulty in adapting to stressful ciscumstances including work or worklike setting

Extreme agorophobia

My nexus letter is not as thorough as the C&P exam records but it states Chronic PTSD and severe agorophobia. My nexus is more about my extreme agorophobia.

The doctor wrote about 2-3 pages worth of notes. Nothing to hurt my claim.

Edited by believe