VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Homebound

Rate this question

believe

Question

My C&P exam records show that the doctor listed me as homebound. Do I have to still apply for homebound or could I be awarded that when a decision is made on my claim without ever applying for it?

• Answers 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

Oh by the way, it is against the regs for the VA to discriminate against any Veteran because of age.

So if they use this, Attorneys will eat their lunch.

Legate, Please research before you post an answer. We do not welcome confusion from someones bad advice.

§ 4.19 Age in service-connected claims.

Age may not be considered as a factor in evaluating service-connected disability; and unemployability, in service-connected claims, associated with advancing age or intercurrent disability, may not be used as a basis for a total disability rating. Age, as such, is a factor only in evaluations of disability not resulting from service, i.e. , for the purposes of pension.

J

Oh by the way, it is against the regs for the VA to discriminate against any Veteran because of age.

So if they use this, Attorneys will eat their lunch.

Legate, Please research before you post an answer. We do not welcome confusion from someones bad advice.

§ 4.19 Age in service-connected claims.

Age may not be considered as a factor in evaluating service-connected disability; and unemployability, in service-connected claims, associated with advancing age or intercurrent disability, may not be used as a basis for a total disability rating. Age, as such, is a factor only in evaluations of disability not resulting from service, i.e. , for the purposes of pension.

J

J, I work very hard not to give bad advice to anyone and I apologize if I've done so. I spent a full four months researching this area before putting in a claim and I do know a fair bit about the specifcs of the SMC-S clause and how it's been applied in actual cases. I was only trying to be of help and if that upsets you then feel free to ban me. I must confess I would miss Carlie's posts however, as I've learned a lot from them. Re-reading my own posts, I see I could have qualified some of my comments a bit more, not sounding so absolute. Lesson learned.

By the way, I question whether age cannot be a factor. Although your reference is correct, in fact the age of 55 or above seems to be routinely used as one of the various categories of "stabilized" claims which are not normally re-evaluated. Another is single schedular ratings of 100%, or ratings that have been in place for more than five years. You can find this information fairly easy by googling "VA stabilized ratings."

• HadIt.com Elder

Stabalized ratings are ratings already in effect.

Dont worry too much about it. We all are on the same team. Someone always has our backs here.

Thanks.

J