VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Odds Of Success

Rate this question

michael37

Question

I put the following in another post but think it is notable enough to have it show on its own. It is very lengthy but if you sift through it you will get an idea what your odds are by VARO and also between DRO and traditional appeal.

http://www.gao.gov/assets/590/585481.html

• Answers 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

That was my feeling, Jim. I know that others will disagree.

I was haunted by the words someone said to me early on. "At BVA they have lawyers that can read...."

But it is all a crap shoot. At the right VARO and with the right DRO, you win.....

• HadIt.com Elder

It really depends on where you live. The Size of the Regional offices and number of employees vs the number of claims is also a big factor.

If a veteran lives in areas like Florida then SP Pete is a very busy place so expect longer waits.

If you live in Huntington WV Ro jurisdiction then the process should be faster.

This is what I have seen over the years.

if you are in Indy or houston, I feel sorry for you.

J

I NEED HELP WITH MY BVA APPEAL ON ALL MY CLAIM THEY HAVE TURN ME DOWN I HAVE BEEN FILING SENCE 2005 I FILE FOR SSA AT THE SAME TIME I FILE FOR VA DISABILLITY BUT I ? RECIEVED SSDI DISABILLITY IN DEC 21 2006 FOR THE SAME THING I FILE FOR WITH VA THEY HAVE TURN ME DOWN AGAIN NOW I NEED TO FILE BVA APPEAL

I NEED HELP WITH MY BVA APPEAL ON ALL MY CLAIM THEY HAVE TURN ME DOWN I HAVE BEEN FILING SENCE 2005 I FILE FOR SSA AT THE SAME TIME I FILE FOR VA DISABILLITY BUT I ? RECIEVED SSDI DISABILLITY IN DEC 21 2006 FOR THE SAME THING I FILE FOR WITH VA THEY HAVE TURN ME DOWN AGAIN NOW I NEED TO FILE BVA APPEAL

Welcome.

Please start your info and questions as a new topic in the forum it relates to.

Thanks

Thanks for sharing. So , DRO reviews take longer than BVA with not much better timeliness or results. jim

I do not agree with the above.

1st off, there HAS to be some sort of DRO review prior to even getting

the claim issue/s under BVA's jurisdiction - even iid it's just through certification.