VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Annual Reserve Screening After Va Enrolled

Ok, I am not sure where this topic goes, but needed some info regarding a letter I received in the mail after my VA enrollment was approved. It seems that after my VA Health enrollment was approved, I received a letter from Buckley AFB, CO and it contains an ARPC Form 69 (Annual AF Reserve Screening). It states that I must update my status, dependents, address, date of birth, etc.. and if I update any of those items, I must submit marriage cert and birth certificates. If I don't return it, that is a violation of the law. It also states that as a retired active duty member, I can be recalled to active duty for national emergencies, contingencies and brief periods to assess my continued mobilization availability. This seems very strange, since I thought once you were retired and especially since I was high year tenure, you were done. Has anyone else received this? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure this is not some kind of scam to get my information. Thanks.

JD

Ret AF

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't believe it is a scam as you call it.

As I dredge up memories from years gone by, I recall "knowing" that I potentially was subject for recall to Active Duty during an emergency until my Active Duty and Inactive Duty (retired) service totaled 30 years. High-year-of-tenure hs no real meaning in an "emergency". And even in an emergency, I rather imagine that only certain AFSCs would be hot. And, after a certain number of years of retirement, I also imagine they wouldn't want too many old out of shape farts hanging around.

I believe that certain officers and perhaps the supergrades might be handled somewhat differently.

The Navy/USMC are a bit more upfront by calling the initial retirement stage "Fleet Reserve" until the troop hits their 30 year point.

Ok, I am not sure where this topic goes, but needed some info regarding a letter I received in the mail after my VA enrollment was approved. It seems that after my VA Health enrollment was approved, I received a letter from Buckley AFB, CO and it contains an ARPC Form 69 (Annual AF Reserve Screening). It states that I must update my status, dependents, address, date of birth, etc.. and if I update any of those items, I must submit marriage cert and birth certificates. If I don't return it, that is a violation of the law. It also states that as a retired active duty member, I can be recalled to active duty for national emergencies, contingencies and brief periods to assess my continued mobilization availability. This seems very strange, since I thought once you were retired and especially since I was high year tenure, you were done. Has anyone else received this? Any information will be greatly appreciated. I just want to make sure this is not some kind of scam to get my information. Thanks.

JD

Ret AF

It's not a scam. You're in the IRR once you've retired. This is to make sure that if they need to reach out to you, you can be brought back to A/D with up-to-date info. If you have doubts, call them at:

800-525-0102 or at http://www.arpc.afrc.af.mil/main/contactus.asp

It's not a scam. You're in the IRR once you've retired. This is to make sure that if they need to reach out to you, you can be brought back to A/D with up-to-date info. If you have doubts, call them at:

800-525-0102 or at http://www.arpc.afrc...n/contactus.asp

That is correct. Retired enlisted members with more than 20 years but less than 30 years of active duty service have dual status as a retired regular active duty member and a member of the

Retired Reserve. After completion of 30 years of total service the member assumes Retired Regular status.

A “Retired” service member is defined as all officers and enlisted personnel who receive

retired pay on the basis of active duty and/or reserve service to our country. A “Retired

Reservist” includes all Reserve officers and enlisted personnel who receive retired pay,

are otherwise eligible for retired pay but have not reached age 60, or have not elected

discharge and are not voluntary members of the Ready or Standby Reserve. Retired

Reserve Officers and Retired Enlisted Reservists with 20 or more years satisfactory

service are liable for recall only after all Ready Reserve and Standby Reserve resources

have been exhausted.