VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

What Additional Evidence Do I Need For My Claim To Be Successful?

Rate this question

willidx4

Question

What additional evidence do I need for my claim to be successful?

I was denied a PTSD claim back in 2005. I was in the Gulf and served in the grunts in a combat zone. I was diagnosed with PTSD by a Psychiatrist (private Doctor) in 2005 my GAF score was a 43. The VA needless to say stated I didn't have PTSD according to the VA Psychologist that did my 30 minute C&P exam I had a severe personality disorder and in her notes she gave me a GAF score of 38. I never filed a NOD at the time I just wanted to be done with the VA after reading the C&P examiners notes I was basically called a scam artist. I filed again for PTSD in August 2012 and was diagnosed again by the same private Doctor what other material evidence do I need to make sure my claim is successful

• Answers 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

will,

I believe if you were denied benefits due to a PD diagnosis versus a PTSD diagnosis,

during this period - your claim should be re-adjudicated.

Perhaps someone else has the link handy and will post it.

If not try doing a search on the web site.

Many claimants were denied for PTSD and stamped with a different label of Personality Disorder.

BTW - did you happen to have any TBI or mTBI while on active duty?

You might want to research through the links

at this link:

https://www.google.c...chrome&ie=UTF-8

This one is also informative.

http://www.vva.org/ppd-faq.html

re-adjudicated ?????? I reopened the claim from 2005 when you say "re-adjudicated" are yor referancing some other avanue besides just reopening my old PTSD claim? I read the below links I very informative reading. As far as TBI no and I thank God for that.

Go back and tell them the above is BS.

Your income does not disqualify you from receiving VAMC health care.

It would most likely put you in Priority Group 7 or 8.

Give this a try.

http://www.va.gov/he...ility_check.asp

Thanks for the link I applied however they did ask for my income/network but I read nothing stating I would be axed becuse of income. Thank You

Willie

You tell the VA that you are suicidal and they will treat you in a hurry. If you have PTSD, depression, panic or gad this would be a very common feeling. When I was dx'ed with a major mental illness the VA did not even have a dx of PTSD. You can get 100% for any mental illness that has a valid DX. You can't get it for mental retardation or personality disorder. I was discharged from the Army on my return from Vietnam as a personality disorder. The VA reversed this and changed to a compensable mental illness and I got compensation. This is pretty unusual at this time, but I had evidence. Once the VA has got it into their heads you are a PD they will look for any sign that you are a PD and ignore other evidence that you have a real mental illness. You have to fight them with medical evidence.

Suicidal I'm not I have a security clearance and a job I really need to keep so I don't want to go that route with those folks.. I did make arrangments to see another Doc to get a Dx

I got a DX from a local Vet's Center "PTSD: chronic & severe" The VA just ignored that DX and went with a very old DX to grant TDIU. Since the VA has made themselves the sole power to DX PTSD in veterans if I could not get the VA to dx me with PTSD I would get an IMO to DX me with either depression,Panic or GAD. This way you side step the PTSD roadblock. It all boils down to the same thing.

Thanks John I have an appointment with the local Vet Center on 10/16 to get me setup for some outpatient treatment. Now how that is going to work because I was denied for health care in the VA system is a mystery to me?

re-adjudicated ?????? I reopened the claim from 2005 when you say "re-adjudicated" are yor referancing some other avanue besides just reopening my old PTSD claim? I read the below links I very informative reading. As far as TBI no and I thank God for that.

searched the term "re-adjudicated" is there a link some place that will tell me how to make the request

Williedx4

they will give you treatment regardless of how much you make. Since your income is above their threshold what they will do is charge you a specific amount each time you visit the Hospital. Your insurance will still pay as though you were using your primary care Dr. However, if you are sent to a Vet Center that treatment is free regardless of how much you use it. Your pamplet or brochure they gave you at intake should give you an idea of the pharmacy charge. Your insurance carrier may have the VA listed under it's hospitals to get an idea of other costs.

Good luck and God Bless