VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Changed From Iu To 100% Schedular

Rate this question

chinavet

Question

Spoke to 3 vets this week. They all applied for IU but

were rated 100% scheduler but not P&T. I was one

Of them.

A couple of questions:

Is this a trend to dodge chapter 35 benefits?

How hard is P&T after this?

Every report by VA docs over the years shows

My condition worsening. The C&Ps where they dredge

Up all the worst stuff are brutal.

I'm grateful for the rating. Tired and demoralized

That things are not over.

I have been doing all of my reading on this topic of IU and age I have been told my residuals are permanent I've submitted the opinions In with my claim I suffered a severe TBI Glasgow score 3 coma for about a month and then recovered enough to lie my way to deployment then becoming more of a libility to my coworkers until I had someone who had to watch while I changed engines because of my damaged short term memory. I am only 30 years old my TBI was 10 years ago and when I got out of the military on my own choice to avoid my memory getting me hazed again. That was six years ago and was just SC by the VA so six years of no treatment has left my residuals permanent. As my MRI showed nothing has changed for the better since I got out. Is that enough to show its PT or will this be something else I'll have to appeal and drag my family under stress of years because Obamacare is over 800 bucks for just them my wife is pregnant again so when the kids here up it goes again. I am tired of this fight it's like punching myself in the face feels better then constantly always having to show they messed up again and again. With my mortgage that's all I can afford medical and house no water no electric no insurance and again I will have to file for a hardship there's no way to afford anything unless I wouldn't have to pay for medical. This is the longest wait for prep for a decision ever mostly because it's over the holidays and

now 2017.

L, a PTSD Rating of 70% SC MST, might have room for symptom improvement if you were now 29.

You didn't indicate your IU Award Date, but close to 59 would have had to be T & P, anything stipulated on the IU Award about "No Future Exams Scheduled?"

Semper Fi

That being the case, the "No Future Exam" will carry over to your New Rating, Mine did when I went fro 90% IU T &P to SA 100% Scheduler this past 12/15.

Keep in mind, the "No Future Exam" doesn't apply if you file a New Secondary Claim. Whatever current SC, that you attribute your NEW DX to as a Secondary issue, can and Probably will be part of the New Claims C & P Exam.

Again, that's what happened when I filed for Increases and Secondary SC's in 14 & 15.

Semper Fi

On October 11, 2012 at 5:17 PM, Philip Rogers said:

You should be able to get P&T by just asking for it. You've had your disorder(s) long enough, w/o improvement and you're over 55yo.

pr

I am only 31 years old and yet I was granted IU but without P and T. My primary VA doctor said it won't be hard to get you P and T because Your MRI has shown no improvement will I need to get an IMO as well or will his work in my recent exam be sufficient it's in my ebenefits? Will this take along time as well having to pay for benefits and mortgage is almost all of the  IU?  Right now I'm forced to work temporary jobs just to make ends meet for my family. It's not above the poverty level so I am not worried there. A few pay per diem for me driving a 100 miles for work one day but it's not considered taxable and not considered income. How does the Va consider per diem?

• HadIt.com Elder

There's been debates about this working and getting IU.

SOME SAY ITS OK TO WORK KEEPING THE INCOME DOWN BELOW POVERTY LEVEL.

I disagree with that  anytime a veteran gets an IU award its because he can't work because of his S.C. Disability..so doing any kind of work that's reported to the IRS  he is playing with fire   if VA gets word he is working  they will send that propsal letter to reduce faster than you can say **** *** ****

you can request P&T

To get P&T the veteran must show his disability as worsen and as reach the chronic stage and have Dr opine his disability is not likely to improve during his life time.

JMO

Edited by Buck52

It's funny I've had 4 C&Ps for my TBI in 6 years and still at 70% just for the TBI. It's not going to ever get better how long does it take to request permanent to go through? Is there a way on ebenefits?

Edited by jfrei