VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Rate this topic

buckeye46

Hi everyone,

In the last year and a half I consider myself very blessed... Approved for 70% disability, Approved for Voc Rehab (Haven't started yet), Approved for TSGLI, Started a steady job and was promoted (VA Call Center), Refinanced the house yesterday, and got engaged. I would like to thank Hadit for helping me get back on my feet and having this great resource available for all vets! My hat is off to all of you!!

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To put things into perspective...

the previous 2 years before things turned around, I was on the verge of loosing my home, going to soup kitchens for meals, lost my job, Lost a long term relationship, left the military, & disacociated myself from most family and friends.

Lessons learned:

You are your best advocate for disability claims. Don't give up and focus on a plan to pull everything together. I know it isn't easy by any means but if you have a good plan that attacks multiple problems at the same you will reduce the length of time dealing with pain and frustration. I focused on housing, disability, employment and tsgli all at the same time. I bought some books to try and figure out the VA claims system from Amazon, and Tons of research on Hadit.com.

Once a week I would do something (send a letter, evidence,statement, resume,progress check etc.) for one issue and then move on to another the next week. This was would help me focus on each task and help me feel like i was moving forward out of the black hole I was stuck in. Good things can happen but there was a lot of work to make them happen.

Never take no for an answer and never compromise/settle.

Many thanks for your thoughts, help and support!

Congratulations. Sounds like things have turned around for you and everything is beginning to line up again. The same thing is happenning with me now. It seems like once the VA claim got settled and complete, everything else just fell into place. Really happy for you....

xpertshot

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use