VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Been Away For A While Have Good News!

Rate this topic

MikeR

• HadIt.com Elder

Sorry I have been away for a while. One reason is I crossed over to the dark side and went to work for the VA. I am not in claims, and frankly I would like to work for a different Gov agency as I have never worked for a place as interesting. They finally decided I was service connected for PTSD and a Depressive disorder after 14 plus years. It now has to go to the RO for a rating. I got a lot of great advice from people at this site, DAV, and my attorneys. I was not sure if being on this site and working for the VA is a conflict of interest. I don't have anything to do with claims so I was not sure?

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HadIt.com Elder

Half the people working for the DVA are disabled vets. I worked for them about 28 years ago for a short while. Everyone I worked for and with needed to be on some kind of psychiatric drugs.

• HadIt.com Elder

Mike:

Welcome back and glad to hear Hadit has helped. We have had some very helpful members who still worked at VA help Members here. There is no conflict with Hadit although we do have Members who are sometimes angry at VA and don't mind saying so.

So hang out as much as you want and feel comfortable about it.

• HadIt.com Elder

Pete,

Ok, I have missed hanging with you folks. It's been a really hard year medically speaking. Had a really bad flu, followed by pneumonia, then I had a reaction to sesame and ended up getting a steroid that sent my blood sugar to 700. After a week in the hospital, I was hit with a long depression, a really nasty boss. Then a tumor that was removed and an infection after surgery with another week in the hospital, and that took about 2 months to recover from. So needless to say I am looking forward to 2013. I am trying to get a different work situation as it has not been great for my mental health. The DoD had a family feel to it, and the VA so far has been a very unhappy place. I accidentally took the PTSD service connection training online and now have a better understanding of why these claims are often screwed up. My own interactions with the VA have shown me just how adversarial this agency can be. There are a lot of good people working at the VA. I think a lot of the issues that they have are leadership based. They have Doctors doing too many other functions other than being Doctors, and the VA is trying to correct that from what I have seen. They are also trying to get serious on reducing the mistakes that they make. They are working hard on interoperability projects. So while many vets have legitimate complaints the effort to improve service to the customer is also there.

Mike

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use