VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

4 Months After Initial Claim. 70 Ptsd

Rate this topic

carlie

Thank you everyone on this site you have really helped me get through this.

Claim submitted 07/31/2012 with only 1 contention.

C and P was in September and lasted about 1 min. She just asked how I was currently feeling. No questions about my claim or anything in the past.

My Ab8 and everything popped up on monday 11/26/2012 and I recieved 70% PTSD.

Now it has gone back to Gathering Evidence and there are 3 (new) contentions. TBI, Nose Injury, and IU.

When the official packet arrives I will send in the IU form right away. This was done at the St. Pete VARO.

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I also had a initial decision of 50% granted in four months, out of St. Pete. Those guys are getting faster over there. I now have a claim for I.U. using the Fully Developed Claim process and from what I can read, I might have a decision about that by early January. My last C&P was just like yours...5 minutes, if that. If you do file for IU, go to the VA web site and read about EVERYTHING you must have to claim that. Keep the FDC program in mind also. A heck of alot quicker.

I just called Peggy and they said my retro was pending and they even said the exact amount. Though they haven't sent out my envelope yet. She said the money might show before the letter arrives.

So still a little anticipation and waiting. I'll update when the money drops.

You're very lucky. My claim is through St. Pete filed on Jan 24, 2010. Still waiting for deferred items. Some were decided in May of 2012, but the others I have had 3 C&P's for....and still in Gathering of Evidence. Stinks. They denied my PTSD, not because there was no evidence, but because I haven't seen psych since I was in the military. (2009). Started going back to psych in Aug, and I'm on meds, therapy now. Thinking I should appeal that decision. I get seen for free because I am an OIF/OEF vet, but no disability for it. Congrats on your win.

Thanks. St. Pete is one of the fastest in the nation. Oakland is the slowest on average. I hope the I.U. will just run it's course without further C&P's. I have not worked since leaving active duty in Nov 2011. Good luck on the getting a decision soon.

I also had a initial decision of 50% granted in four months, out of St. Pete. Those guys are getting faster over there. I now have a claim for I.U. using the Fully Developed Claim process and from what I can read, I might have a decision about that by early January. My last C&P was just like yours...5 minutes, if that. If you do file for IU, go to the VA web site and read about EVERYTHING you must have to claim that. Keep the FDC program in mind also. A heck of alot quicker.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use