VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Augusta Ga Va Clothing Allowance

Rate this question

tmoe

Question

I know this has been mention 100 times,but this is what VA is trying to do with clothing allowance, I had a back brace that was not through

VA and the first guy says it has to be through VA to get paid. My responce was I don't get care for my back from VA, its through

a private Dr, VA won't see me for my back problem. So the supervisor who pays clothing was in a meeting until I ask for the regulation

that says it has to be issue through VA to get paid,they could'nt. Then she says I have to appeal the decision and to write a NOD as

to why I disagree, so I ask for paper to write my disagreement she don't have any, so one of the co worker gave me some paper and

told me to write everything they said and before I could get it wrote the supervisor say stop right there sign it I will pay you for the brace.

I was suppose to get three but my left hand is not sc for carpal tunnel just the right and the back. I just had to show the prescription for

my back brace and the brace it self. So dont let them s**t you they must pay you. ALL this was after I recieve my letter, just got paid for

one,but was denied 2 other. Now the back brace was approve today!!

• Answers 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Congrats! I heard yesterday they were working on the "Ls". I'm in that list, but haven't seen anything yet. Did you see it on eBenefits or as a deposit first??

Did you see it on eBenefits or as a deposit first?? This one was deposit first nothing on ebenefit yet, but the first one was on ebenefit in compension & claims first

Edited by tmoe

I decided to stop by the prosthetics department on Monday the 10th of December after my appointment to check on my clothing allowance. I was told that one of my clothing allowance was granted and one was denied. She asked me if I got a copy of their decision letter and I told her no so she printed out a copy and gave it to me. I could not believe the reasoning behind their denial it stated "You were denied based on the following: off the shelf back brace is several years old which does not substantiate continuous use that could cause wear and tear to clothing." I told the lady yes I have had the back brace for years but it was molded for my back and it still fits and I still wear it, I also told her that I was never told that I needed a new one. I have had you all check my braces for years for clothing allowance and never once did you all say I needed braces, I told her. She whispered to me, they are not going to tell you, that's how they are going to deny your claims, and she said you are not the only one they did like that. You need to get new braces every six months to get the clothing allowance. I asked her why didn't I receive a copy of this decision in the mail, she said I should have. I told her this letter is date September 11 and I called up here in Sep, Oct and Nov and was told it was still being processed but the date on this decision shows it was already completed since early Sep and I still haven't received payment for the one that I was granted. She gave me a number to call. I called the number to inquire on the decision and this guy to me to appeal it to the Chief of prosthetics if I don't agree with the denial, so I asked him why haven't I received payment for the one I was granted he told me to hold on, I was on hold for over ten minutes when he came back and said I would receive it in ten days, my friends again they surprise me I received it this morning but I have also submitted a letter to appeal the denial of my back brace.

Jay -

So sorry to hear you had to suffer this buffoonery...

I've also called and was told to leave a message. I left one with my name, SSAN, etc. and couldn't get any more info. I was finally able to get the woman on the phone that is supposed to be processing the claims, and she said she processed my claim. That was on Tuesday of this week. I haven't seen anything yet on eBenefits or in my account so we'll see how long it takes from her statement that it had been processed to actually getting paid. The Augusta VAMC has been pretty reliable until this year. Don't know what happened, but this is ridiculous.

@Justrluk thanks I'm telling you its ridiculous how this years clothing allowance is being decided and the length of time its taking. I am waiting to hear what excuse they come up with on the one they denied.

@Justrluk thanks I'm telling you its ridiculous how this years clothing allowance is being decided and the length of time its taking. I am waiting to hear what excuse they come up with on the one they denied.

This is because they are looking for reason to deny the second clothing allowance... Hell at this point I now have a congressional inquiry because San Antonio refused to deny in writing or provide a statement of the case after I appeal the decision. In fact they flat out refuse to even acknowledge that I requested the second clothing allowance...

I decided to stop by the prosthetics department on Monday the 10th of December after my appointment to check on my clothing allowance. I was told that one of my clothing allowance was granted and one was denied. She asked me if I got a copy of their decision letter and I told her no so she printed out a copy and gave it to me. I could not believe the reasoning behind their denial it stated "You were denied based on the following: off the shelf back brace is several years old which does not substantiate continuous use that could cause wear and tear to clothing." I told the lady yes I have had the back brace for years but it was molded for my back and it still fits and I still wear it, I also told her that I was never told that I needed a new one. I have had you all check my braces for years for clothing allowance and never once did you all say I needed braces, I told her. She whispered to me, they are not going to tell you, that's how they are going to deny your claims, and she said you are not the only one they did like that. You need to get new braces every six months to get the clothing allowance. I asked her why didn't I receive a copy of this decision in the mail, she said I should have. I told her this letter is date September 11 and I called up here in Sep, Oct and Nov and was told it was still being processed but the date on this decision shows it was already completed since early Sep and I still haven't received payment for the one that I was granted. She gave me a number to call. I called the number to inquire on the decision and this guy to me to appeal it to the Chief of prosthetics if I don't agree with the denial, so I asked him why haven't I received payment for the one I was granted he told me to hold on, I was on hold for over ten minutes when he came back and said I would receive it in ten days, my friends again they surprise me I received it this morning but I have also submitted a letter to appeal the denial of my back brace.

Do you have a new prescription for your brace because if not and its not static than all you need is a new prescription and you should be fine just some more of their bull s**t