VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va 202 # - Pinned - National Va Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management

National VA Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management. 202-273-7453

Source: 2014

Tasks, and Authorities

OFFICE OF COMMUNICATIONS AND CASE MANAGEMENT (20A3)

Overview
The Office of Communications and Case Management has overall responsibility for all activities related to resolving
and responding to inquiries from Veterans that have reached the level of the SECVA and the USB.
Functions and Activities
• Provides expertise on special issues and problems requiring in-depth technical analysis.
• Develops pertinent facts and communicates with senior officials to resolve issues

Who do I get if I call that number?

Sorry about that, it's supposed to be a number for,

National VA Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management.

I just added this to the topic title.

Thank you for this contact # Carlie I will sure talk with them perhaps they will come on the SVR

and explane their program..

Your welcome Jerrel, it would be good IF they would participate on the SVR program.

• 3 weeks later...

Who do I get if I call that number?

I believe in your comment about the individual is responsible for their claim. However, there are many veterans that do not have a clue on where to start. Your comments about veteran service officers, I have to disagree with Not all VSO's are incapable. I pride myself as a VSO for 7 years on what I have learned, continue to learn and the disemination of that knowledge to veterans that visit me requesting assistance. (836 vets for 2012) I first ask the vet what his/her goal is with making a claim. I review all medical documentation, reference the diagnosis with 38 CFR, chpater 3/4 and the M21-1. I then submit a VA FM 21-526ez (Fully Developed Claim) with the additional VA Forms needed, all medical documentation in support of that claim. I have submitted over 400 of these so far this year. All (with the exception of those recently submitted) have been successfully adjuicated within 90 days. 30 days longer if the individual is retiring and rated at more than 50%, that is due to DFAS, has to compute the retirement pay. All successfull due to the attention to detail these claims receive. I'm not at all patting myself on the back at all, but I am deeply humbled to be given this opportunity to assist our fellow veterans. I have not been on this site that long, but I can tell you that there is a lot of information on here and I congratulate any and all that contribute!

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use