VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Va 202 # - Pinned - National Va Claims Assistant Office / Office Of Case Management

I had tried this number a couple of years ago, and actually received a human being immediately. I told him who I was, and he seemed a bit agitated that I had the number and wanted to know why I didn't use the VA's 1-800 number. I explained that I had tried the 1-800 number, eBenfits and IRIS to get the status of my claim, which seemed to have been literally stuck in the mud at the Houston VARO for years.

He politely pulled up my information, read off the same thing that Peggy would have given, and told me that he would send a message to my VARO that I wanted my case moved along. Then he asked that I not use this number again until after I had received a decision and filed an appeal, and if it appeared that my appeal was not getting attention. Then he said goodbye and hung up.

I haven't called it back. Been in NOD world for about a year and a half, but I'll hold off a bit longer before I try to call it again.

Mark

• 3 weeks later...

With so many changes going on at the VA it is getting harder and harder to keep up with things. I am assisting a veteran with his claim and need to submit a letter informing VA that all documentation has been submitted along with the FDC VA Form 526EZ. When the claim was sent in to VA it was sent to the Ronoake Regional Office. Today when I went online to what was the Ronoake Regional Office I find that it is now referred to as the Ronoake Loan Office. I called the number to verify and the message says it is the Ronoake Regional Loan Office and if you need to apply for a home loan it is the right office, however they were closed at the time.

I know there was a posting a couple of weeks ago stating that the offices are being combined. Does anyone know how I can find the office that I need to send this letter in to. I am in the state of Virginia.

Thank you for any information you may be able to provide. This is all so nerve wrecking.

• 4 months later...

I don't have a VSO if that is the person that is suppose to help you file your claim.  There is a VSO in the city I live in and he was helpful to the point of telling me I should file for benefits since the damage to my lungs happened while I was active duty!!!  And so he gave me the paper work I filled it out and he sent it in for me.  And that is all the help I got as far as filing and eventually getting my disability.  I did look into the whole process myself after a while.  It was over 8 months before I heard back from them I had forgotten that I had filed!!!  SO when I heard back from the VA there was information about going on the web and registering on ebenefits.  So I did that then got educated about being a veteran!!!! I then filed for other compensation that the site said I could file for.  I had to go for some tests at the VA for my lungs and supply the VA with medical records showing my medical history since I had left the service.  I was given my disability based on my claim for the damage to my lungs and everything else was denied.  I kinda laughed at that given I really didn't have time to submit all the necessary information for those claims. I didn't file for an appeal I simply refiled and then reopened the previous claims, to make sure the file dates were right.  I have a strong suspiction that my second claim will be denied even though they have the information in my medical records.  And because I have been thinking this I looked into getting someone to represent me!!!  MY GOD that is a joke around here!!! I live on the North Shore of Massachusetts.  There is NO ONE around here that can represent me unless it is a lawyer (I don't want a lair) oops  I mean Lawyer!! Any way I guess I will just handle it myself as much as I can until I absolutely MUST get a Lawyer if that ends up being the case!!!   But I have gotten correspondence from the VA about my claim telling me to contact this person that is the person in charge of this department that handles certain claims such as mine and I have called them several times and like most of the people I have called at the VA.  I leave a message and NEVER get a call back!!!!  And the funny thing is ......  I am not in the least surprised!!! 

• Content Curator/HadIt.com Elder

It took me a couple of tries with the 202 number a couple of years ago. If your claim has been on appeal for 18+ months, they can make a real difference. They made a difference for me and were able to help get me in to see a DRO pretty quickly after waiting forever.

Don't give up!

You are your best VSO.  Honest.

It took a few months for me to get a good idea what it was all about, but if you are able to keep up with what regulations, what laws and where to find them....most of it gets easier.  38 USC is the law.  38 CFR is the regulation.  M21 is the instruction manual for VA to process claims.  If you study up and get familiar with these 3 sources of information, its gets a lot easier to figure out what you need to get to where you are going.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/38

https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/38/chapter-I

http://www.benefits.va.gov/warms/topic-compensation-pension.asp

Edited by pwrslm

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use