• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    Tazit

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • That's  a bummer. I used to see people in the hospital with NPH shunts when I had RN clinical's in school.  So there is no difference after you get a life-changing operation that is based on subjective Dx? So if they cannot prove it beyond a shadow of a doubt, it sounds like their secondary Dx will be good enough for me. That REALLY deserves to be a 100% Plus all the extras you can get! And I'd even get that lawyer that sues the VA (or whoever did the Dx and operation if they did the Dx and operation, both) if it in fact did not help. You can't go back now. God Bless, and you are lucky because you have a family!
    • @Keli - It is VBA below is how VA lays it out on their site   Claims Process  http://www.benefits.va.gov/compensation/process.asp There are eight distinct steps that most claims for disability compensation follow. These phases may vary in time depending on the complexity of the claim, the amount of evidence that must be gathered to support the claims, and the type of evidence. You are strongly encouraged to submit as much evidence as possible with your claim to help minimize processing time. The eight steps of claims processing are as follows: Step 1. Claim Received Your claim has been received by the VA. If you applied online with VONAPP Direct Connect, you should see receipt in your list of Open Claims within one hour. If you applied through the U.S. mail, please allow mailing time plus one week for us to process and record receipt of your claim. Step 2. Under Review Your claim has been assigned to a Veterans Service Representative and is being reviewed to determine if additional evidence is needed. If we do not need any additional information, your claim will move directly to the Preparation for Decision phase. Step 3. Gathering of Evidence The Veterans Service Representative will request evidence from the required sources. Requests for evidence may be made of you, a medical professional, a government agency, or another authority. It is common for claims to return to this phase, should additional evidence be required. Step 4. Review of Evidence We have received all needed evidence. If, upon review, it is determined that more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back to the Gathering of Evidence phase. Step 5. Preparation for Decision The Veterans Service Representative has recommended a decision, and is preparing required documents detailing that decision. If more evidence is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence. Step 6. Pending Decision Approval The recommended decision is reviewed, and a final award approval is made. If it is determined that more evidence or information is required, the claim will be sent back in the process for more information or evidence. Step7. Preparation for Notification Your entire claim decision packet is prepared for mailing. Step 8. Complete The VA has sent a decision packet to you by U.S. mail. The packet includes details of the decision or award. Please allow standard mailing time for your packet to arrive before contacting a VA call center. How Long Will This Process Take? The length of time it takes to complete a claim depends on several factors, such as the type of claim filed, complexity of your disability(ies), the number of disabilities you claim, and the availability of evidence needed to decide your claim. You can track the status of your claim by registering for eBenefits at www.ebenefits.va.gov. You can also visit VA's ASPIRE web site. Here you can find the average processing days for the regional office that is working on your claim. To find the average processing days for your state: Find your state on the map, place your cursor within the state and click This will open the Veterans Benefits Administration Aspire • Benefits site. Click "Enter" You should see a split table. On the left table click on "Compensation" This will expand the table. Approximately five rows down is "Rating Claims Processing Time" Follow that row to the right until you locate the cell located within the column of your regional office. The number you see is the average processing days to complete a claim that requires a disability rating. The average is based on completed claims since October 1 in a given fiscal year.
    • 05/15 Cue Review Request, moved to Completed, Notification Mailed 08/21 on my E-Ben, not bad for what, 3 months. As of 4pm, no VA Letter in the Mail. At 5:10pm, I received a Txt from my CU regarding a sizable Deposit, Well Hello Retro! Checked the Deposit out, VA in their infinite wisdom, granted my CUE Review. I knew I had a lock on an additional 12 months SMC S Retro, possibly 24. They Awarded the 24 months, thank you very much. At least in my case, the New VA Official Request for Review of a recent Award/Denial,worked out. My NOD was Locked & Cocked,  but no longer needed. Semper Fi
    • @Rita nothing is NOD.  @Gastone clarification came from Pensacola comp and pension. The psychiatrist on my C&P for PTSD checked that there were medical issues related to my PTSD(bladder trauma), so the VARO wants to rate both at the same time because bladder is secondary.  @john999 I definitely agree with you on that. I am a nurse and would have been making in excess of 100,000$ a year had I not had these problems.  I spent a lot of money on education, just to be disabled.  it sucks. and I also agree with you on quality of life. My husband and family have suffered too over this.  I just want it to be over with.  Thanks for your insight.  I truly appreciate it. I see 100% and so does my VSO.  There is no amount of money to compensate me with what I have been through! its all one second at a time putting one foot in front of the other. I will keep in touch .
    • If you are rated as totally disabled and are over 55 it is harder for them to reduce you but they can do it.  It takes more sneaky steps on their part.   They need to set it up as if they looked at you over a long period and noticed a definite improvement over time.  So let's say you were 100% for PTSD.  They might say that after careful review of your records over past two years you are much better and no longer have such severe symptoms as when you were rated 100%.  Your records show marked improvement in last couple of years. Your shrink agrees with this and has discussed your improvements with you and you are much happier than you were blah, blah, blah.  Then they might propose reduction.  If you don't respond vigorously with evidence of your continuing severe disability they may call you in for exam.
      They cannot just reduce you on one exam but that is the beginning so you must fight them.  They will use your own words to lynch you.

tedro

Medical Insurance

4 posts in this topic

Hi,

Again, I'm sorry, I tried to pick a forum, but I couldn't tell where to ask this. I search "insurance" but it didn't really help.

Are disabled vets who use VA medical centers... which is me...are any of those medical insurance programs that are available through VA, like ChampVA or Tricare (I don't know the names, not really)...are any of those available to me? The idea is so that I may be able to get certain care at a private/civilian type provider.

Is there anything at all? I am P&T, TDIU.

Thanks.

Hi,

Again, I'm sorry, I tried to pick a forum, but I couldn't tell where to ask this. I search "insurance" but it didn't really help.

Are disabled vets who use VA medical centers... which is me...are any of those medical insurance programs that are available through VA, like ChampVA or Tricare (I don't know the names, not really)...are any of those available to me? The idea is so that I may be able to get certain care at a private/civilian type provider.

Is there anything at all? I am P&T, TDIU.

Thanks.

With IU & P&T status - you are covered for any and all medical care

to include RX drugs and dental care, at the VAMC's.

You should also be able to receive SSDI and once on SSDI, for 2yrs, purchase Medicare, part B, and a supplement, which I recommend, to all vets. It allows you care other than the VA's, for an option. jmo

Tri-care is for retiree's. ChampVA is for dependents.

pr

You should also be able to receive SSDI and once on SSDI, for 2yrs, purchase Medicare, part B, and a supplement, which I recommend, to all vets. It allows you care other than the VA's, for an option. jmo

Tri-care is for retiree's. ChampVA is for dependents.

pr

thanks. i was refused SSDI, about 6 months or so before my TDIU. they said i had to show i was disabled back some time in the 80's, somehing about last time i had credits.