• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CoolHandDevil505

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • Look at it this way:  Appeal: You and VA are sitting at opposite sides of a table. Both of you have all of the same stuff in front of you, and there is a genuine disagreement as to what all of the stuff in front of you adds up to. The appeal process remedies the disagreement...whether or not you like the remedy is another topic.  Reconsideration: From your decision letter date plus one year, you can submit new evidence and have the claim worked as a reconsideration of the original denial.  Don't appeal unless the top scenario fits your issue. If there is any form of new evidence available, exhaust the year of reconsideration time that exists first.  -CHD505
    • Buck                PTSD meds and prostate meds are probably the culprits.  You do need a doctor to say that your ED is caused by the drugs you are using to treat your PTSD and prostate meds.  I would try and get an outside doctor who is not afraid of losing their jobs if they were to possibly support your claim for $100.    About half the meds I take would put a horse to sleep.  Get that $103 a month.  You deserve it.  All of us with these drug induced problems deserve it.  Opiates and any of the Benzo's tend to aggravate OSA.  This is what my VA doctors tell me.  Do you have DMII from AO exposure?                John
    • Overpayment letters can come from several sources. There can be overpaid Education benefits, such as keeping benefits from classes not taken or poor self-reporting habits. Overpaid C&P benefits can come from hospitalization with both Compensation and Pension, and usually bad dependent maintenance comes back to bite people on Compensation, such as forgetting to inform VA of a marriage or divorce. Also, overpayment letters can come from unpaid medical bills. The first paragraph of the letter will tell you where the debt was issued from, right before the amount.  -CHD505
    • Well I have Lost interest in sex  B/C of ED, wife trys but not enough  it won't stay erect so leaves her frustrated. I have problems talking like this to my female Dr's  if they say I ain't much of a man because of it  I will be very depressed then.  My  MH Dr (Phyistrist) is a bit rugged  she eyes balls me from head to toe every time I see her.( a flirt) she is the one that would not help me with my ptsd claim probably b/c I show no flirting back with her.  I believe its the PTSD Meds and Prostate Meds doing  it or the cause of it?  before I started taking these meds  I was fine down south no problems with premature or errections. No Dr has said but I never Ask? I have an ITF claim good until Jan 2017  3 months left. was going to file secondary Sleep Apnea  to PTSD but changed my mind on that when my MH Dr mention to me that the Meds I currently take for PTSD Depression / Anxiety, Will not cause sleep Apnea  she up my Anxiety meds about 6 months ago to higher MG and more to take each day if I need them. take as needed. Hell I thought about just taking the whole damn bottle and end this shit. I'll list some of my PTSD Meds on here  but right now I take 19 different Meds.  I need to sort through all my Meds anyway. ........Buck
    • So let us say a Vietnam vet was at a firebase,    support base or airbase that was under ground attack but who did not have 11B MOS.  I guess he must relay on After Action Report.     We had no combat action type badge and since I was not in an infantry outfit I could not get CIB even if I got shot at all day long.  I know back in the day there were vets who claimed PTSD from being under mortar and rocket attacks.  The VA fought this and the vet almost had to get wounded to get the PTSD claim unless he was in direct combat with the enemy.  From what BCMR told me was that a soldier had to be in an infantry unit; have an infantry MOS and have proof that he was in combat eyeball to eyeball to get CIB. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
add55p

Appeal Claim Closed But Not Completed

4 posts in this topic

Appeal decision was made by VARO and appeal was closed. Decision letter was sent stating evaluation was deferred pending Examination. Examination results were sent to VARO so that an evaluation could be assigned.

Was the appeal closed to soon? Or should it remained open until the evaluation was completed.

This appears to me that the clock has stopped and there is no concern for VA to monitor the progress of the appeal any longer.

Your thoughts..

It sounds like you are quoting ebenefits. Its not reliable BUT, it may be good your claim is closed, if you did the C and P exam. Did you check the AB8 letter? (in E benefits).

That sometimes is the first place it will show for a new or increased rating.

BroncoVet

I am quoting the VA regional office, my VSO, the 1 800 operator, and E benefits.

My VSO says that the deferred evaluation to the grantd claim will fall reviewed in claim order and thr DRO must have time to work the evaluation sheet and process the claim for rating.

My concern is that if it has already taken two months since the DRO received the answer to satifisfy his question needed to rate the previously granted claim, why would it take so long to settle and most of all why is the claim and appeal status being shown as closed when in fact it is still going through the normal DRO review process again.

Add...

There was a recent study that concluded you have a 49% chance of getting a correct answer with Peggy....a little bit worse than flipping a coin. Ebenefits is not better and VSO's are a crap shoot.

Listening to my VSO is what got me into trouble in the first place. While there are good, well trained VSO's, most of those are too busy to take on new Veteran claimants. We are much more likely to get a less experienced (rookie) or even a bad VSO because when we go to make an appointment with a VSO, we often pick the "one that is available the soonest".

If this is a "when will it happen" question, well The VA isnt talking, and my crystal ball is broken.

However, if portions of your claim was adjuticated and other portions deferred, the VARO may well try to "take credit" for a decision and the next rater may also want to take credit for deciding the deferred issue. VA raters work on a points bonus system, and they need to get so much work out a day, and they are always looking for ways to "meet quota".