VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

29-8940 Not Received

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

My e-benefits deal shows that crazy making gathering of evidence phase still. I had C&Ps in October and November. I note that it says my file is missing the 29-8940 Unemployability Form. This was submitted with my binder of info in March 2012. Is it misplaced? Floating around the Cleveland VA Office? Does issue need to be addressed or is it just another e-benefits SNAFU?

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

• HadIt.com Elder

There's literately no way to easily find out what really happened. I'd be tempted to send or hand deliver another copy of the filled out form, and obtain a receipt. Calling "Peggy" is likely wasted effort.

Edited by Chuck75

Yeah, I wouldn't sweat that the form is now "missing". I would go ahead and resubmit just in case. I submitted my dependent and direct deposit information way back in June, 2010 when I submitted my claim on the appropriate forms, but in June of this year, the VA sent me a notice requested all of this information all over again, stating that I had not submitted it initially.

Instead of arguing with them, I resubmitted updated forms. (Same information, new dates) If and when they ever get to finalize my own claims, I imagine they'll hit me up on dependent information again, so I'll do their dance one more.

Good luck and stay patient. It'll drive you crazy, but hopefully there is a light at the end of the tunnel.

Mark

Just curious as to why this is still in gathering of evidence stage, when the page states: What Did We Not Receive?

This is a list of items that have never been received from you and that have been closed.

If it is CLOSED--does not not mean it is no longer able to be submitted? Several items on the list have been submitted but are listed. What the heck type of evidence are they gathering if the C&Ps are done? Nothing really left to gather.....

I feel your pain. I had a C&P done in September 2012 for a "Service Connected" Lumbar Strain increase due to the fact that VA Clinic MRI showed 2 hurniated disk and DDD. I have had several flare ups and severe back and leg pain (sciatica).

I recently logged on to ebenefits to check on the status of the claim and it has not moved from the gathering evidence phase. The site list the documents (I sent) that were received but it also shows that they are waitng for documents from "I don't know where". This is amazingly frustrating!

I am SC for lumbar strain and have many instances of treatment for it in my military medical record. As soon as the condition became worse, I went to the VA for treatment and MRI. The VA has the treatment records, the MRI records, and all the appointment results, including the C&P. I have no idea how I could have made this any easier for the decison makers at the VA. And, to add insult to injury, the ebenefits site shows no forward progress in my case.

So SueEdel I guess we wait....