This eBook will teach you how to get C-Files (paper and electronic) from the VA Regional Office.
How to Get your VA C-File

• HadIt.com Veteran to Veteran providing FREE information and community to veterans since 1997.

I am proud that I've been able to offer all that HadIt.com has for free for 19 years and continue to do so. HadIt.com does accept contributions to help with costs we also offer paid ad free subscriptions. None of the paid options are required. The forum, the website, news site and podcast are free and will remain so. If you choose to support the site with a contribution or a subscription it is appreciated but never required. If you choose to make a contribution or purchase an ad free subscription, you can do so here. 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SueEdel

Additional Review

Question

Change of Status:
We determined that your claim needed additional review. If
additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from
us explaining what is needed.

My status shows Gathering of Dust. What does this additional review mean anyhow? I've not received any letter or request.

Who is reviewing?

9 answers to this question

I also received the same annotation.....the next day I received a call from QTC for an appointment...VA needed some pictures of scars and I went in the next morning. Not saying this will be the case with you, just relaying my personal experience. Mine also said that when it went from Prep for Decision back to Gathering of Dust....where it remains to this day.....but I do have the brown envelope in hand and retro - they deferred some things.

I've not heard anything and I have no scars for them to photograph. Never heard of anyone getting a photo shoot out of the deal!

They did add some items that I re-submiited to the e-benefits page. They even acknowledged that I sent a copy of a certified mail receipt of previous submission. Took them 6 weeks to post it but it is at least there.

a pictures worth a thousand words.. there are no pictures in my med records other than xrays and a possible mug shot that i am aware of?

SueEdel it's just hard to tell with Ebenies I call it epennies LOL I have learned that if you send the files via VONAPP in about a week it will show up on Ebenies. Does it mean they have the info attached to the 4138 Who knows LOL. Provide them what they aks for whether it's via Ebenies or the mail and hope for the best.

Taker2

LMAO HEY that's not me who's that guy in the picture!

someone reviewing the claim saw that something needed more development. VA will either send you a VCAA Notice of response letter or they will request another C/P exam. This process is nothing new...but extremely aggravating!

C&Ps were done in October and November. They have their VCAA notice of response letter (which was submitted more than once). Not my first rodeo but still aggravating!!!

It could have been the exam was inadequate, a missed item on the exam, or further paperwork needing sent. I was rated on 1 issue, in Oct 12, and everything else was re-examined because the examiner did not review my file before giving an opinion. Hopefully it won't take you 4 months to get it fixed.

someone reviewing the claim saw that something needed more development. VA will either send you a VCAA Notice of response letter or they will request another C/P exam. This process is nothing new...but extremely aggravating!

yes this is myself I was at the pending decision approval, and then went back to gathering of information status also I've not have a C&P exam as of yet, is this the reason why the VA send me backwards?