• Topics

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    CoolHandDevil505

• Total Topics
    • Total Posts
    • I'm kind of confused and concerned about this one...

I submitted my VA Disability claim for multiple items way back in 2011.  I got a very bad CP exam doc who denied everything despite nearly 20 years of treatment by civilian docs for some of the issues.  In 2012 I appealed with a notice of disagreement. In the meantime a doctor at the VA was willing to help with the paperwork for the TBI and filled it out which sped up that portion - I ended up getting  10% for tinnitus, 40% for the TBI residuals (memory and concentration) and 30% for migraines/headaches. 

What is still on the original appeal is my feet/ankles & knees from an injury as well as left hand from putting a screwdriver through it.  It's been sitting in the 1st stage appeal limbo basket for nearly 5 years. Fast forward to 2016 - suddenly I find out that my original disability claim has been sent to Washington DC to the Board of Veteran Appeals.  Wow - what a shocker as I was expecting at least another exam.

They said it will go before a judge.  What concerns me is that it's my original claim, including the TBI issues.  Will everything be reviewed and is it possible to lose what I have?  I thought it should have been only for the items still in appeal.

Is this whole " straight to the board of Veteran Appeals" right from the initial C/P disagreement a normal thing?   Thanks for any insight.  
    • Oh, okay. Either way, the VSO should be able to view the letter on Monday. Thanks.
    • Thanks I think from now I'm just going to try and forget it cause it's more stress then what I need right now.  And my VSO that started this left and the new one is clueless 
    • Did I write something that sounded harsh? If so, I didn't mean for anything to come across that way. I was just verifying the info seeing if you could figure out what it might be.
    • I have no idea what the letter is regarding and what it says.  Until then, I can't give you an answer.  I was simply making sure the other poster that stated what he stated understood that if the VA erred on a disability rating and the Veteran was getting over paid for it, the Veteran is not obligated to pay it back.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SueEdel

Additional Review

Question

Change of Status:
We determined that your claim needed additional review. If
additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from
us explaining what is needed.

My status shows Gathering of Dust. What does this additional review mean anyhow? I've not received any letter or request.

Who is reviewing?

9 answers to this question

I also received the same annotation.....the next day I received a call from QTC for an appointment...VA needed some pictures of scars and I went in the next morning. Not saying this will be the case with you, just relaying my personal experience. Mine also said that when it went from Prep for Decision back to Gathering of Dust....where it remains to this day.....but I do have the brown envelope in hand and retro - they deferred some things.

I've not heard anything and I have no scars for them to photograph. Never heard of anyone getting a photo shoot out of the deal!

They did add some items that I re-submiited to the e-benefits page. They even acknowledged that I sent a copy of a certified mail receipt of previous submission. Took them 6 weeks to post it but it is at least there.

a pictures worth a thousand words.. there are no pictures in my med records other than xrays and a possible mug shot that i am aware of?

SueEdel it's just hard to tell with Ebenies I call it epennies LOL I have learned that if you send the files via VONAPP in about a week it will show up on Ebenies. Does it mean they have the info attached to the 4138 Who knows LOL. Provide them what they aks for whether it's via Ebenies or the mail and hope for the best.

Taker2

LMAO HEY that's not me who's that guy in the picture!

someone reviewing the claim saw that something needed more development. VA will either send you a VCAA Notice of response letter or they will request another C/P exam. This process is nothing new...but extremely aggravating!