VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Additional Review

Rate this question

SueEdel

Question

Change of Status:
We determined that your claim needed additional review. If
additional evidence is needed from you, you will receive a letter from
us explaining what is needed.

My status shows Gathering of Dust. What does this additional review mean anyhow? I've not received any letter or request.

Who is reviewing?

• Answers 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

I also received the same annotation.....the next day I received a call from QTC for an appointment...VA needed some pictures of scars and I went in the next morning. Not saying this will be the case with you, just relaying my personal experience. Mine also said that when it went from Prep for Decision back to Gathering of Dust....where it remains to this day.....but I do have the brown envelope in hand and retro - they deferred some things.

They did add some items that I re-submiited to the e-benefits page. They even acknowledged that I sent a copy of a certified mail receipt of previous submission. Took them 6 weeks to post it but it is at least there.

SueEdel it's just hard to tell with Ebenies I call it epennies LOL I have learned that if you send the files via VONAPP in about a week it will show up on Ebenies. Does it mean they have the info attached to the 4138 Who knows LOL. Provide them what they aks for whether it's via Ebenies or the mail and hope for the best.

Taker2

LMAO HEY that's not me who's that guy in the picture!

someone reviewing the claim saw that something needed more development. VA will either send you a VCAA Notice of response letter or they will request another C/P exam. This process is nothing new...but extremely aggravating!