VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Ask Your VA Claims Question  

Read Current Posts 

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Examination For Housebound Or A And A

Rate this topic

In my recent award for TDIU and SMC for loss of use of creative organ.........This statement was also noted: Examination for housebound status or permanent need for regular aid and attendance showed disabilities of Copd, cervical spine and lumbar spine spondylosis restrict activities. You use a walker for ambulation. OK copd and cervical spine are Not serviced connected. Va provider and social worker both claim need for aid and attendance and in fact had VA provided home care worker while wife was down with cervical problems. VA provided c/p exam on 11/19/12.. Vet required use of aid at all times to ambulate, ability to self feed: some difficulty: ability to dress and undress: some difficulty, ability to self bathe; marked difficulty, self groom some difficulty, toileting marked difficulty. Vet unable to walk without aid of another person. Circumstances vet can leave home: Medical care only.YES fuctional Impairments are permanent. During the examination the Veteran required help top take off and put socks back on, Wife had to help get his undershorts and jeans back on and buttoned.Can Veteran travel beyond current domicile? NO The aid and attendance was considered a new claim and they are still working on it and 2 more conditions. Should the senior RO have made a decision on this or will it follow its own course.

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ranger11bp

I have not been here for a while. I was originally Ranger11bv. I just cant seem to get my account back.I tried the lost password thing to no avail.

I have not been here for a while. I was originally Ranger11bv. I just cant seem to get my account back.I tried the lost password thing to no avail.

ranger,

When you get back to us - look up at the top of your screen

and you should see a little envelope with a red #1

click on that and it will take you to your personal message section.

I have put a temporary password in there for you that you can change when

you want to.

• 3 months later...

Got the results back from this claim. Just as I figured, all denied. (no surprise).

VA form 21-2680 shows you are able to feed yourself, are not legally blind and do not require nursing home care. You cannot prepare your own meals. You require medication management as well as assistance with bathing and hygiene needs. You are able to ambulate with the assistance of a walker.

Entitlement to SMC based on aid and attendance/housebound is denied as the evidence does not show you are permanently bedridden or in need of regular A/A, and are not substantially confined to your house due to service connected disabilities. I am only 70% but have TDIU pay at 100%. I don't know if I am ready to mentally deal with them at this time to even to file a nod. This has been a terrible time for me as I have been physical sick since Christmas with non service connected problems. But, I still have plenty of time to file nod or re-consideration if I so decide in a few weeks.