VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Medications

Rate this question

alan

Question

• Answers 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Write a letter to the Records Access Officer at the VAMC that treats you-

Give them your c file number and request a copy of all of your VA medical records (if you dont have them- and you would need these for an IMO anyhow) and ask them to include your entire medication profile.

This wont give you side affects though- just a list of what you get .

The side affects should be listed in the brown bag or the mailer from VA Pharmacy but better yet -google each med and find the best medical printout you can as to the side affects of each med.

Merck, Medline, (www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/druginformation.html), http://www.rxlist.com

etc -there are numerous good web sites to use

Go to MYHEALTH on the VA Website and you should be able to get a list of all of your current medications. Will not give you a list of side affects. Like Berta said, you can get that list from MerckMedco or other sources on the internet.

mssoup1

• In Memoriam

Alan,

If you would like, you can order your meds online at MyHealtheVet (Dept. Veterans Affairs). You have to register for this site, but the site is very informative. Meds, seem to come in a few days, and you do not have to leave home. I have been using this site for about 1.5 years.

https://www.myhealth.va.gov/mhvPortal/anony...geLabel=mhvHome

• HadIt.com Elder

My Health only gives you the prescription numbers and whetehr active or not. Not really a good tool in my opinion but I just order everything and hope for the best.