VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

VA Disability Claims Articles

Ask Your VA Claims Question | Current Forum Posts Search | Rules | View All Forums
VA Disability Articles | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users

• hohomepage-banner-2024-2.png

• 27-year-anniversary-leaderboard.png

advice-disclaimer.jpg

• donate-be-a-hero.png

100% Compensation

Rate this topic

cg1979

Congrats to you. You have earned it. My question on the hyptension is out of all the claim Hypertension is the most dangerous one. But, they rated it at 0%? I just don't understand that one.

Anway, Dr. Bash is the man....

Best of luck brother....

The 0% rating would be technically correct, my pressure is not high enough for a higher evaluation. If my pressure ever increased I will have the option to have it reevaluated. I beleive I would need another rating of 30% or more to hit the 100% + 60% anyway.

GREAT!!!! And thanks for the info on the Student Loan Waiver.

My husband's waiver was done in NY many many years ago and there was some sort of box to check for the Permanent and Total Status.

I guess all that has changed. There was nothing on it as I recall regarding any TDIU or VA benefits.

His waiver was for a Sec 1151 stroke. Ironically , when VA finally did award him 100% P & T for PTSD, 3 years after he died, the EED would have qualified him for the Student Loan waiver on that basis ,instead of the CVA (Stroke).

VA's ability to stall claims isn't a new tactic and I realize many times how different things would have been for my husband, if the VA had properly awarded him 100% SC in his lifetime. A posthumous award does nothing for the dead veteran. He might even still be alive.

Rated with at 30% SC at death, he always said VA only gave him 30% of their available medical care.

After FTCAing them, I think he was way too generous with that percent.

ENJOY the victory with that backpay!!!!!

AND make sure ,when you have some time, to go over the retro amount carefully.

VA made some 5 figure errors in some of my retro years ago.

The audit they sent 'looked' like it was done right and it was all wrong.They fixed it fairly quickly however.

Many here can relate to that.

Being someone with Hypogonadism and a shot sperm count, and discovering of making babies the hard way. I would think you could get SMC(K) it only a 100 bucks, but I get it.

Good for you and thanks for your service.You did the right thing and it does take a lot of work and research and getting your claim together so its easy for the VA to understand. It took me some time but I was awared 100% P&T in January 2013 going back to 2009. I am happy for you.

Important Information

Guidelines and Terms of Use