VA Disability Community via Hadit.com

Click To Ask Your VA Claims Question 

Click To Read Current Posts  

Read Disability Claims Articles 
View All Forums | Chats and Other Events | Donate | Blogs | New Users |  Search  | Rules 

• homepage-banner-2024-2.png

• donate-be-a-hero.png

Dependents Claim Disappeared From E-Bennies

Rate this question

chrome_305

Question

Hi, all

I won a claim for VA pension back in Nov 2011. Around Oct 2012 I filed to add my dependents (3 children) on the claim. I filed for the dependents inside of the one year make so they should also back pay me from Nov 2011 correct?

Well the problem is that I checked E-bennies today and now the claim is no where to be found. The completion date for the claim was April 5 2013. I have checked E-bennies before and the claim was always at the claim received stage it never moved once.

Any one been through this before?

=====

Update :

I called e-bennies and the rep said she could not find an answer as to why its off the grid, but it shows as it being closed. The rep said they should have a answer for me with-in ten days as to whats going on. :(

Edited by chrome_305

• Answers 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters For This Question

Popular Days

Top Posters For This Question

6 answers to this question

I've had eBenefits lose data before. Even closed claims should show up at the bottom of the screen. One way to check: file an automated claim (start a claim) with the step-by-step tool (was VONAP) for dependent claims. As you progress through about the third or fourth screen, your dependents should show up at the bottom. Check and see if they are there. Then, quit the claim and delete it. Best of luck!

I've had eBenefits lose data before. Even closed claims should show up at the bottom of the screen. One way to check: file an automated claim (start a claim) with the step-by-step tool (was VONAP) for dependent claims. As you progress through about the third or fourth screen, your dependents should show up at the bottom. Check and see if they are there. Then, quit the claim and delete it. Best of luck!

Thanks I will try that and reply back as to what happened. The weird thing is that the Va rep on the phone had no knowledge of any dates or anything about the claim. The ony thing she could see is when I first started the claim. You would think they would have the data on there side. Make me wonder what the hell is up with the tracking system at the VA.

Edited by chrome_305

Don't trust the call center. They're only there to give very basic info, if at all. If you don't have a VSO, you might consider getting one. My VSO (state agency) has access to most of the data the VA uses and can give a little better info.

Don't trust the call center. They're only there to give very basic info, if at all. If you don't have a VSO, you might consider getting one. My VSO (state agency) has access to most of the data the VA uses and can give a little better info.

Ty for the information. I tried to find the dependent form on E-bennies but I couldn't find it. I will have to find a good VSO rep since the reps in my area (swfl) only fill out paperwork and have very little knowledge.

Go here:

eBenefits -> Apply for Benefits -> VONAPP Direct Connect with Guided Assistance

https://eauth.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfxr=false&_pageLabel=Vonapp2

Start the application process and when it gets to the dependents portion, you'll see who's already on award for your file.

Go here:

eBenefits -> Apply for Benefits -> VONAPP Direct Connect with Guided Assistance

https://eauth.va.gov/ebenefits-portal/ebenefits.portal?_nfpb=true&_nfxr=false&_pageLabel=Vonapp2

Start the application process and when it gets to the dependents portion, you'll see who's already on award for your file.

Edited by chrome_305